Super Contributor
I'm confused! I have last years ponte leggings that were $39. They are 78% poly and 18% rayon with a length of 27. Love them except I have noticed pilling. Smiley Sad The new pointe leggings are 75% rayon and 21% nylon with a length of 28. They are $51. Is this a better combo hence the higher price? I also have the knit leggings that are cotton with a length of 29. Too long for me and a little baggier. I have both new colors in my cart. Anyone?
Respected Contributor

Not the same leggings at all---apples and oranges---not a comparison. Go to Louis' blog to read about them or on other threads here on the Forum

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor
Uh thanks? I have read Louis' blog on them as well as the thread here on the forum. I know they are different leggings I was just interested in hearing others thoughts on them.
Respected Contributor
On 8/16/2014 TeachRsPet said: Uh thanks? I have read Louis' blog on them as well as the thread here on the forum. I know they are different leggings I was just interested in hearing others thoughts on them.

Ok, good, then not so confused after all, and you know they are not the same ponte fabric at all, they are much heavier---that's why Louis is calling them "Super" ponte.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

TeachRsPet, I think the price difference is due to the higher rayon content.

Super Contributor
Thanks Qulia ! I'm sure your right. Think they will wear or fit differently than the originals? That's my main concern.
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the new ponte leggings and the original straight ponte (reorder) pant in black. I know they are not both leggings or even made out of same material. But I wanted to see which one looked best w/ the long topper...and which one looked best on me. If I can find a use for both pants...I will keep both.

I was not brave enough to try the light colored leggings (taupe). I don't like sending stuff back, if I can avoid it...and I was worried about how a lighter color legging would look like on my less than perfect legs. Although I'm active and wear a size 6-8....my legs are not what you would call 'firm' anymore. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Good luck w/ whatever choice you make....

And I do hope none of these pill...cuz that is such a no go for me.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I purchased the new super ponte leggings and will be returning them. Louis must have designed and patterned this fall collection with his tall ladies in mind. The fabric is wonderful, but they are too long in the rise, too loose in the waist, and too long in the inseam for me. I am 5'5" tall, wear a size 4 or 6 in skirts, usually a 6 in trousers, and I purchased the XS.

Respected Contributor

I received the legging in both colors in the xs and they are perfect for me. Mine aren't loose anywhere. They hug my body the way a legging should. I am sure the higher rayon content and the weight of the fabric is the reason these are more expensive. The minute I took them out of the bag I knew these were a superior quality. I think since Favorite Son is a 4/6, she would have had better success with the xxs. I could have worn the xxs also, but I'm happy with the xs. I consider these spanx for the legs!

Super Contributor
I received my M's in taupe and black this week. I agree Marilyn these are superior quality! (And I love all my others too) They will have to be hemmed as they are long but are definite keepers. I'm on the fence about just trying a S for size since many are saying they sized down.