Respected Contributor

Measurements Zip Front Caedigan

Saw the comments on Louis blog re asking about sweep measurement being quite small compared to other wk tops and reply that this type of rib is very stretchy and not to order up - go for usual wk size - however when I check my size Large wk sweaters of the past sweep 44.5. Looking at new zip,front sweep in Large 37.5. Seems a bit of a stretch ( excuse pun) to me what do you Ladies think? I really like this but I think the XL may be too big at neck and shoulders any thoughts?
Respected Contributor

Re: Measurements Zip Front Caedigan

Correction to title Cardigan! Of course
Frequent Contributor

I've had the same exact thoughts dulwich! I think I am going to hold off until some reviews come in before I order....I hope that decision doesn't backfire on me!

Valued Contributor

If you zoom in to view the sweep straight of the cardigan, you will see it has the same ribbing as the A232345, WK knit rib trim tank. The sweep straight measurement of the cardigan in my size is actually 2" larger than the sweep straight of the tank.

The tank is one of my favorites. This ribbing is not the body-hugging type. It is simply more a matter of a decorative change in knit stitch. I find the bottom rib trim on the tank fits looser than that of the classic scoop neck tank.

Also, both the cardigan and the rib tank are a bit longer, so the bottom edge of the garments land more toward where the hip is starting to curve in instead of out, if this makes any sense. Tough to describe.

I ordered the cardigan in the same size that I ordered all six of the tanks I have.

Trusted Contributor

Seeing them on a live model will help, I'm sure.

Regular Contributor

Every time I second guess myself with Linea I end up having returns. My experience is stick with your regular size and 99.9% of the time it will be right. I am so LOVING the new things!

Honored Contributor

Look at armhole size too-- and stick with your usual size--the ribbing does stretch out when on a person. Remember the measurements are done on a flat surface and not on a human or manikin.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼