Honored Contributor

Question about Whisper Knit care

Hello Linea Ladies,

I just received my first Linea purchase--a Whisper Knit Boyfriend Cardigan (A251578). I'm wondering about washing it. The tag says hand wash and line dry. I rarely actually wash anything by hand now, most things labeled "hand" wash I put in the washer on the "Hand Wash" or "Delicate" cycles. But I know from bad past experiences that some items really do need to be washed by hand or they're ruined.

So my question is: do the Whisper Knit items actually have to be washed by hand, or can they be put in the washer? Do they also truly need to be lined dried, or again, can they be put in the dryer on an extra-low setting?

I do like this material a lot, and the quality is great--I can see why you all love these items!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Whisper Knit care

I usually wash my WK sweaters on cold wash/rinse and inside out. I then turn them right side out and hang to dry.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Thank you, JustJazzmom. The sweater looks sturdy enough to withstand a gentle machine cycle, but I didn't want to ruin it the first time I washed it!

Contributor

I wash all my WK on cold/gentle and then dry in the dryer on low until almost dry and then hang. I simply have no place to lay them flat to dry and have not had any trouble at all (shrinking etc) from the dryer. I know most don't use the dryer but I haven't had any problems and truly find them a very low maintenance line of knits.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, boonies (I like that!). I'll give the dryer a try on extra low or low. I often do the same thing with similar items. Other than 100% cotton, which always shrinks to some degree on any heat setting, I prefer to dry things in the dryer at least a little because I think they turn out better that way.