Respected Contributor

Any reviews of the OTO Whisper Knit Sweater and Tank?

I wonder if any of you have received the OTO Whisper Knit sweater and matching tank? I'm interested in comments regarding fit and colors.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any reviews of the OTO Whisper Knit Sweater and Tank?

I can't speak for the OTO cardigans but I do love the 3 new colors in the tank. I did review them in a thread here somewhere.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

How close in color is the petrol blue to the dark mallard from year before last? Anybody know? Or the royal purple to the violet from last year (seamed blazer, for example)?

Trusted Contributor

I got my Royal Purple tank and OTO cardi today. The lines of the cardi are beautiful! I am now kicking myself for not getting the Black when I could.

The Royal Purple is a beautiful color and great on me with my cool coloring. There are times during the cold weather months when I want a jolt of color, and these pieces will fill the bill! The Royal Purple tank will also work very well with some vintage Linea suede jackets I have from waaaaay back. I will also use the tank as a vest over a blouse.

I am very pleased with mine!

Valued Contributor

I received my WK cardigans and tanks today and I'm on the fence. The tanks were long on me. I am 5'6" and a large or top, xlarge on bottom and the tanks came to where my legs met my body. I prefer a shorter length.

The cardigans were wrinkled so the draping in front was rumpled and not attractive but I will steam one to see how it would drape without wrinkles. I love the double knit arms and the banding around the neck and down the front, but I'm not sold on the horizontal band in the bottom half. They kept saying how this was so slimming but on me I don't think so. Again, I won't know for sure until I steam out the wrinkles in the points.

I think this sweater set will be a hit with taller ladies and longer waisted ladies. I really wanted to like them but I'm thinking they aren't for my pear shape.

The knit and colors are, of course, gorgeous. The petrol blue is like a brighter version of the mallard blue. I managed to get my hands on my mallard blue t-neck to compare. The nutmeg is close to the topaz/caramel/sweet potato of years past but I haven't pulled mine out of storage to compare.

Respected Contributor

I received mine just now. I think my cardigan will be going back. I don't like how those points come down so low on the front thighs. I feel like all the pointy, jagged-edge tops will go out of style soon and I don't want to be left with things in my closet that I don't feel comfortable wearing. I guess I just prefer more classic items.

Honored Contributor

On 8/5/2014 TexasMom1 said:

How close in color is the petrol blue to the dark mallard from year before last? Anybody know? Or the royal purple to the violet from last year (seamed blazer, for example)?

I have the V neck WK sweater in that mallard color and to my eyes it looks like the Petrol blue is a brighter shade of that color family. I like it!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Santorini, I understand about your concerns for this style possibly going "out". I only ordered one, in black, but boy, I really, really like it! I'm 5' 7" tall and the look is great for me. Will love this over a variety of skirts and pants this winter. I'm extremely pleased.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not buy the tanks, but my black cardi came today. I think the tall ladies will love this one. I'm with santorini in her review. The front points as well as the sleeve length are too much on me. Not sure if going down a size would help.

As this was a Want and not a Need, I am okay with it. Goodness knows I have other black cardi's that I really enjoy, including A233859, which I have in both black and white.

Respected Contributor

On 8/5/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:

I got my Royal Purple tank and OTO cardi today. The lines of the cardi are beautiful! I am now kicking myself for not getting the Black when I could.

The Royal Purple is a beautiful color and great on me with my cool coloring. There are times during the cold weather months when I want a jolt of color, and these pieces will fill the bill! The Royal Purple tank will also work very well with some vintage Linea suede jackets I have from waaaaay back. I will also use the tank as a vest over a blouse.

I am very pleased with mine!

I just received the same, it's gorgeous! Initially, I wasn't going to order, but oh my, I'm soooooo glad I did! This cardi is very soft and drapey, softer than my other WK's. Possibly the stitching makes it this way? I really love these! Thx for the OTO, Q!