Respected Contributor

It's the "Dog Days" of Summer--August--How Are You Styling Your Linea Today?

Tell us what you are wearing, inspire us with your Linea style.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Re: It's the ""Dog Days"" of Summer--August--How Are You Styling Your Linea Today?

Dear Sheesh, it has actually been cool where I live so I have been getting a lot of wear from my new flecked knits. The v-neck short sleeve top is nice and easy so it's great for the day and in the evening I can just pop on the matching cardigan.
Honored Contributor

Re: It's the ""Dog Days"" of Summer--August--How Are You Styling Your Linea Today?

Its a beautiful day here on LI and the painter is here to paint the radiator covers in the house.

He will be back once spackling and taping are done on some sheetrock in a newly created utility room hallway and closets to paint ceilings and walls including the new bathroom.

Wearing today the white WK V neck tank top over the Erika lemonade colored capris with my white sandals. Haven't yet decided on jewelry yet-- maybe some white enamel jewelry.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

A200830 GS Printed Knit Top w/Chiffon Ruffle in Pink Multi worn tuck'd
A233183 Linea Drawstring Ponte Skirt in White

La Paz by Chinese Laundry in Brown Multi (My Friday Fierce Sandals)! ! !

Large Gold Hoop earrings, Stack of Gold Bangles

AW Annie's Secret Hobo in Brindle/Chocolate Leather/Calfhair
Retro Tortoise Cat Eye Sunglasses - Hair in a high ponytail w/curly bangs

George Simonton Printed Milky Knit Top with Chiffon Ruffle

Linea by Louis DellOlio Drawstring Ponte Knit Skirt w/PocketsAnnie's Secret Collection Tooled Chocolate, Tan and Brindle Hair-on Leather Scoop-top Hobo Handbag

Packin' an egg salad sami for lunch - I'll be dining "in" closing my office door & watching Louis & Jac on my laptop come showtime! Yeah, it's Fall Fashion Day

Honored Contributor

On 8/1/2014 NaturalBornWoman said:

A200830 GS Printed Knit Top w/Chiffon Ruffle in Pink Multi worn tuck'd
A233183 Linea Drawstring Ponte Skirt in White

La Paz by Chinese Laundry in Brown Multi (My Friday Fierce Sandals)! ! !

Large Gold Hoop earrings, Stack of Gold Bangles

AW Annie's Secret Hobo in Brindle/Chocolate Leather/Calfhair
Retro Tortoise Cat Eye Sunglasses - Hair in a high ponytail w/curly bangs

George Simonton Printed Milky Knit Top with Chiffon Ruffle

Linea by Louis DellOlio Drawstring Ponte Knit Skirt w/PocketsAnnie's Secret Collection Tooled Chocolate, Tan and Brindle Hair-on Leather Scoop-top Hobo Handbag

Packin' an egg salad sami for lunch - I'll be dining "in" closing my office door & watching Louis & Jac on my laptop come showtime! Yeah, it's Fall Fashion Day

NBW, you are "blazing" today! Whoever doesn't sit up and take notice is comatose.

Super Contributor

On 8/1/2014 Goldie76 said:

NBW, you are "blazing" today! Whoever doesn't sit up and take notice is comatose.

LoL - gave myself a mani/pedi last night using my favorite Chanel Dragon Red - my toes are definitely "smokin' hot" - LoL

Have a great day Goldie76! - Enjoy the show

Respected Contributor

On 8/1/2014 MarilynM said: Dear Sheesh, it has actually been cool where I live so I have been getting a lot of wear from my new flecked knits. The v-neck short sleeve top is nice and easy so it's great for the day and in the evening I can just pop on the matching cardigan.

Dear Marilyn, we've had a very nice Summer here is Western Massachusetts, too. Reminds me of the summers when I was a kid in the 50's and 60's.

I've been trying to conserve electricity as an environmentally responsible consumer after I got an analysis of my usage and last year I used a lot more than my neighbors. So this year, I did not put the central air conditioning on until July 1st (my sister thought I was nuts). This cooler weather has really helped my conservation plan and I only had to put the air on for a few days in July. Looking forward to see how I'm doing on my next consumption report.

The term "Dog Days of Summer" apparently refers to the time of year when the star Sirius (meaning "searing") is visible in the sky in the constellation Canis Major (the Great Dog). The Dog Days of Summer are really all of July to the middle of August---typically the hottest days. This is all courtesy of The Weather Channel.

Now I have to go pick out my outfit for today---I've been on conference calls all morning in my home office.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Black shorts and the matching sleeveless shirt with black flat sandals, and I'm done. I'm wearing my bold hoops in silver and the panther link watch in silver. It's going to be a day of errands in and out of the car. I'll keep my white open front cardigan in the car incase I go into some cold stores.
Respected Contributor

I'm going out to lunch with a friend for her birthday. Today, I'm wearing the black linen jacket (which I got from the LTS), the black and white stripe short-sleeve Whisper Knit T-shirt, the white ankle jeans, and the long silver cross necklace, with large silver hoops with pearl charms, white Naturalizer sandals, and a black OrYanY Taylor cross-body bag.

I also got the blue linen jacket from the LTS (it's shipped, but I haven't received it yet).

Linea by Louis DellOlio Linen JacketLinea Louis DellOlio Baroque Cross Station NecklaceLinea by Louis DellOlio Whisper Knit Stripe Short Sleeve Shirt

Trusted Contributor

It's a beautiful day here in Sunny So Cal. Have a lunch date with a friend, followed by a movie (Most Wanted Man) date with another friend. Warm outside, but gonna be chilly indoors. I'm wearing the silver flecked tank, the gray crinkled chiffon "big shirt" and white sateen capris, all Linea. Silver metallic cork wedges by Bandolino, LDO silver "wave" necklace and earrings, silver bangles, and silver Invicta watch for accessories. Light gray Coach handbag (to carry movie treats {#emotions_dlg.devil2}).