Respected Contributor

Little by little, I'm building a Linea wardrobe for work (still at it at my age) and for casual, travel. I've learned a lot from the ladies on this forum, many of whom have been buying Linea for 14, 15? years here and have exquisite taste imo. (My closet was filled with AK years ago, so I'm a longtime Louis devotee, but new to Linea.) So, I'm wondering...besides the WK and ponte pants, what are the "must-buys" in the line--both new and "oldies, but goodies"?

At the top of my list are the ponte knit maxi skirts, posh knit sweater sets/scarves, and anything whisper knit.

Also interested in knowing if you have a system in place to organize what you own so you can figure out what to buy.

Thanks, in advance, for sharing.

Frequent Contributor

I've only been aware of Linea for a year now but have an extensive collection. One of the first things a learned was to get a jacket...any jacket that Louis makes. They have been an invaluable wardrobe staple. Like everyone else, whisper knits, whisper knits, whisper knits!! Another wardrobe staple that can be dressed up or down and worn year round! Louis has completely transformed my closet.

Respected Contributor

You MUST HAVE one of the Animal Print Jacquard Zip Front Jackets in your wardrobe! Stylish, sophisticated---wear over dresses, skirts, pants, jeans. You can even wear it as a top, too. This is my all time favorite Linea piece---and that is saying a whole lot. I have it in all colors, and I just ordered the new Olive. They all have black in them, too. Trust me on this.

As for a storage/organizing system---I struggle with this every day as I have so much. I have taken over an entire room in my house as a closet, and I plan to have it professionally fitted out---but not until next year. So, last year I started buying storage cubes that are made or stiff cardboard fabric and they slide into hard plastic cubes. They were by Itso and I got them at Target---but low and behold, they are now discontinued and I need a few more---drat! I have organized the Line by "type: and I have one each for: T-Necks; Sleeveless (tanks and mock necks); Long Sleeves (that are not T-necks); Print Cardigans; Solid Cardigans; WK Pencil Skirts; Feather Jersey; Poly Span Tops; Knit Dresses (not hung)...and more for other Misc Linea pieces and a couple for non-Linea pieces. There's also one for Pashminas and one for Berets, gloves and other scarves. They hold a lot, but some are filled to the brim...It was a few hundred dollars in investment, but I had to do something to try to get organized. I still have tons Linea hanging in the closets, too. I just counted for you and I have 25 Poly Span Tops in a single cube and I could fit about 5 more in it. I have 12 Solid WK Cardigans in one and could fit perhaps two more. So you get the idea. At the moment I have them stacked along one wall of the room. You can stack them 2, 3 or even 4 high. In the center of the room I bought I bought four shelving units from the southern Channel (I think they were called Origami) and I placed them side by side and back to back. I am storing all my handbags (in their dust bags) on those shelves. I can walk around these shelves 360 degrees. On one long wall I had a rod hung (has to be at least 12 feet long) and I hung my slacks and jackets there. Clear shoe boxes are stacked underneath along that wall.

The inner fabric cubes are Ivory, the outer hard cube is black. I'm thinking about writing/drawing on the Ivory Fabric so I know what "category" is in each cube.

I'm still using 3 other closets in the house, so I desperately need to edit my clothing and get rid of things that no longer fit (or I never wore---yes, with tags on---sigh) since I lost weight.

So that's my storage story and I'm stickin' to it!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Frequent Contributor
On 7/31/2014 Sheesh said:

You MUST HAVE one of the Animal Print Jacquard Zip Front Jackets in your wardrobe! Stylish, sophisticated---wear over dresses, skirts, pants, jeans. You can even wear it as a top, too. This is my all time favorite Linea piece---and that is saying a whole lot. I have it in all colors, and I just ordered the new Olive. They all have black in them, too. Trust me on this.

Hi Sheesh, do you know if Louis has said anything about a reorder on this? I would love the cobalt in a small.

Respected Contributor
On 7/31/2014 gk27 said:

Hi Sheesh, do you know if Louis has said anything about a reorder on this? I would love the cobalt in a small.

I think the Olive was new, but the others not reordered. I know a Linea Lover who has 3 Size Mediums in perfect condition who would part with them...not sure what colors but I know one is Blue.

Frequent Contributor
On 7/31/2014 gk27 said:

I think the Olive was new, but the others not reordered. I know a Linea Lover who has 3 Size Mediums in perfect condition who would part with them...not sure what colors but I know one is Blue.

I believe I know who you are talking about. I think I will post under wanted to buy...if you know what I meanWink

Respected Contributor
On 7/31/2014 gk27 said:

hi gk27, jumping into say I know the jacket has been reordered and the new color is olive, but I don't know which colors are coming back.

One of my favorite categories of clothing from Louis are his suede and leather jackets. I own many over the years, and think his quality and workmanship rivals anything you would find in any store at a much better price.

Frequent Contributor

GraceCo, I am one of the ladies who has been collecting Louis's Linea line for many years. In fact, I am wearing a linen Linea jacket at work today that must be at least six years old (A7447). So I agree with gk27 that his jackets are a top collectable for me. I must have at least 20 jackets for the different seasons in my collection.

Also, I know that the fit on pants is very individual but I have found that the Linea pants always fit me perfectly in my size and I have many pairs in different fabrics that he has done over the years.

You already know about the whisper knit items so I won't wax estatic about those except to say that many of us who live in northern climates have the turtleneck in nearly every color Louis has ever made (and some of us--you know who you are--have multiples especially in black).

I don't know how you feel about shopping on ebay but once you establish your best Linea fit, you can sometimes find Linea items there that are out of stock at the Q and at bargain prices too.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/31/2014 gk27 said:

Good question. I haven't noticed Louis saying anything specific about a reorder, but usually when there is a new color of an older item, they tend to reorder a few of the original colors, too. I have the cobalt and chocolate and have been trying to resist ordering olive. Needless to say, my resistance is getting weaker as midnight approaches. In addition to all of the things Sheesh has already mentioned, these are sooo soft!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor
On 7/31/2014 FreddieMac said:

GraceCo, I am one of the ladies who has been collecting Louis's Linea line for many years. In fact, I am wearing a linen Linea jacket at work today that must be at least six years old (A7447). So I agree with gk27 that his jackets are a top collectable for me. I must have at least 20 jackets for the different seasons in my collection.

Also, I know that the fit on pants is very individual but I have found that the Linea pants always fit me perfectly in my size and I have many pairs in different fabrics that he has done over the years.

You already know about the whisper knit items so I won't wax estatic about those except to say that many of us who live in northern climates have the turtleneck in nearly every color Louis has ever made (and some of us--you know who you are--have multiples especially in black).

I don't know how you feel about shopping on ebay but once you establish your best Linea fit, you can sometimes find Linea items there that are out of stock at the Q and at bargain prices too.

FM, and anyone else who is interested, contact me---we set up something for Linea Lovers.