Contributor

Help needed with sizing on new Whisper Knit pants

After checking the click here measurements and other sizing information mentioned in previous discussions, I've gotten myself so confused that I just decided to ask for help. I'd really like to try these pants, but don't want to buy the wrong size and have to send them back. (too much for S&H, etc.) I normally wear a 16 or 18 women's with an inseam of 29.5 depending on the manufacturer. I usually wear XL or 1X in most Linea items, but I've been unlucky with pants. (too baggy in the front) I'm 5' 7" and curvy. Do you think these would work? What size would you recommend? Petite or Regular? I would really appreciate any help that you can give me. I know the Linea ladies are the most helpful on the forum. Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Help needed with sizing on new Whisper Knit pants

Hi Sister Shopper, we're in the same boat! My sizing is exactly the same, and I too have had fit issues with some Linea pants. We're even about the same height....I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. For me the fit issue is usually that the rise is too high. I end up with the waist up under my bra band! I really want to buy the new WK pants, but I'm worried about fit. I'm curious what other Linea Ladies have to say!
Contributor

Well, based on my experience with the earlier version of these, I would recommend that you go with the smaller of your normal sizes and try the petite. If they're similar to the early ones, they tend to be generous in both size and length. I usually wear a 29.5-30" inseams and the regulars were too long to wear with anything but my highest wedges. Perhaps they could be shortened, but it's a challenging alteration so really think you would find the petite would work for you. I ordered the L regular the first time and ordered the PM this time. Smile

Valued Contributor

I have several pair from the last time theses were offered. I am tall so I love the regular length. I own these in both the small and xsmall and I prefer the small due to the drape.

Valued Contributor

Something to keep in mind is that the rise is probably the most alterable problem for these pants. If the waist band goes up below your bra - that can be fixed easily by a tailor - or perhaps yourself. I'd rather fix the rise than the length because I love the way these pants are finished off - just knit right off the machine - rather than hemmed. Just a thought.

Contributor

I received the new WK pants today in both XS petite & S petite. I am 5'3" & a quarter tall. The rise & overall fit is better for me in the XS petite. The rise in the SP is a little longer & the thigh is a little wider than the XSP. The length is the same in both the XSP & SP and is perfect for me. I can wear either a flat shoe or a low to mid height heel. I am thicker waisted with not much of a butt & thin thighs. If, it helps for some for comparison purposes, the only other Linea pants that I have are the denim slim ankle pants A-252357 in size 8 which fit me well (not too tight but, comfortably)
Contributor

Thanks, ladies, for all your suggestions! Boonies, I think I'll follow your advice and try the petites. Ellie, thanks for your support. I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one with questions, and I hope this has helped you also. By the way, I'm just over the line in Delaware!

Valued Contributor

Size down. I am a 6-8 and tried the XS and S. The XS fit great.