Contributor
If you have gotten your tank, can you tell me how this compares to Lapis blue? Ascertaining what to order.
Trusted Contributor

They have the same color value but are a different hue. The lapis is a true blue, the petrol blue is a greener blue.

Super Contributor

I was wondering about that too since it looks like a really "vibrant " blue in the pics. on Louis' blog ..... I thought petrol blue was a bit more "subdued" , more of a teal variation..... which would be a greener blue ... LOL

Valued Contributor
On 7/29/2014 sassy lassy said:

I was wondering about that too since it looks like a really "vibrant " blue in the pics. on Louis' blog ..... I thought petrol blue was a bit more "subdued" , more of a teal variation..... which would be a greener blue ... LOL

It is very vibrant but not "subdued" in any sense. It is actually more vibrant than lapis. I describe it as a very bright Caribbean blue with lots of teal. If you are looking for a more subdued color, this petrol blue is not what you are looking for.

It is a beautiful very bright color! It is one of the brightest colors in the Linea line if not the brightest! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

It's beautiful. When my tank arrived, I thought it might match some other Linea blues. I held it up against the Limoges blue seamed ponte jacket and no way did it match. MUCH more green in the petrol blue. I love it, but it's completely different than the other blues.

Honored Contributor

I have both and the petrol blue is a VERY bright color. I can wear the lapis but the petrol blue is too much for me. I am keeping the tank to wear under a brown jacket but not ordering any more.

Honored Contributor

Wear the Petrol blue with brown or black items or even white or khaki items. Try it with the dark tan and see how it looks.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼