Regular Contributor

would appreciate size advise on a213621 pebble crepe tunic

Looking at the garment measurements I am confused. Based on the garment measurements a 2x would fit, but as a semi fitted top resting right on the hips, not like what I expect in a tunic.

The 3x bust of 58.5 bust in this would be big on me if it were in a 95poly/5spandex scoopneck or vneck top. But given the pebble crepe doesn't have the stretch of 95/5, is a little more bust room necessary?

Would you advise a 3x or 2x in this tunic? Thanks so much for your help. I think I would get a lot of wear out of this beautiful tunic so I want to get it right. Rose

Trusted Contributor

Re: would appreciate size advise on a213621 pebble crepe tunic

Look first at the cross back measurement. There are set in sleeves and you want those seams to hit you at the proper place. This is an easy fit--I would only call it semi-fitted if you are counting the shoulder/sleeve fit. If you normally wear a 3X, order that. Even when there is extra room in this top, it is still very figure flattering. It's kinda magic.

Now, if you have never worn pebble crepe, be prepared to fall in love.

Another tip, launder these carefully or they will shrink. Washing in the machine is OK on delicate/knit in cool water. DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DRYER to dry them. Hang to dry, giving them a good shake to help them hang correctly. They will look shrunken, they will feel dense and wrinkled. Once they dry, they will resume their original shape and texture.

After they are completely dry, if you toss them on delicate in the dryer with a dryer sheet for a few minutes and they will be soft, and wrinkle free.

Regular Contributor

thanks for the help crdlb. I am probably overthinking it. I am between a 2x and 3x in his line. The hydranga scoopneck top fit nicely in the 3x but the tile print top was too big in the bust (even taking into account it was a tunic v top) so I wasn't sure.

But I am going to enjoy wearing this top that has such a following! Rose

Valued Contributor

qvcrose: If you are between a Linea 2x and 3x - definitely go with the 3x!!! All my Linea skirts, crops, jeans are 2X and less when he has numbered sizes. But I do not like that bust-stretch look and have learned by in large to opt for the 3x for Linea tops and jackets. Then it hangs right and is slimming. With no stretch in the pebble crepe - stick with the larger size. My only exception to the larger top size is with the polys when Louis does those. Which is probably why your tile top was too big, though possibly workable even at that. Love these pebble crepe tunics by the way. Great with a matching color Linea boho or with the contrasting white boho and of course pants.

And absolutely crdlb is right about the laundering of this fabric. It is a really different animal when wet. Don't even THINK about messing with the dryer - except maybe for a brief toss when dry.

Respected Contributor

On 7/28/2014 crdlb said:

Look first at the cross back measurement. There are set in sleeves and you want those seams to hit you at the proper place. This is an easy fit--I would only call it semi-fitted if you are counting the shoulder/sleeve fit. If you normally wear a 3X, order that. Even when there is extra room in this top, it is still very figure flattering. It's kinda magic.

Now, if you have never worn pebble crepe, be prepared to fall in love.

Another tip, launder these carefully or they will shrink. Washing in the machine is OK on delicate/knit in cool water. DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DRYER to dry them. Hang to dry, giving them a good shake to help them hang correctly. They will look shrunken, they will feel dense and wrinkled. Once they dry, they will resume their original shape and texture.

After they are completely dry, if you toss them on delicate in the dryer with a dryer sheet for a few minutes and they will be soft, and wrinkle free.

crdlb, I appreciate this reminder, because my summer white crepe tunic/pants came out of a cold washing machine at least a size too small. The tunic was 2 inches shorter! And, the lining of the pants was longer than the pant leg, but as it dried, it shortened a bit. I can still see it peeking out, however. I'll do as you suggest--put them in the dryer with a dryer sheet and see if that resolves the wrinkles & length issue. Do you think ironing will help?

Trusted Contributor

I think a steamer would help, if you have that. I'm not sure I'd use an iron for fear of getting "shine". Rayon is the lowest setting on an iron.

Respected Contributor

On 7/29/2014 crdlb said:

I think a steamer would help, if you have that. I'm not sure I'd use an iron for fear of getting "shine". Rayon is the lowest setting on an iron.

I have one and will try it. Thanks!