Respected Contributor

WK Sweater with Collar Now Available - A257383

Linea by Louis DellOlio Whisper Knit Collard Sweater

Trusted Contributor

Re: WK Sweater with Collar Now Available - A257383

Too long for a regular sweater and yet not long enough to be a tunic. Tell me, do any of you pull these sweaters down all the way as in the photo so it hugs your backside? Does that look really work? I'd look like I was playing in grown up clothes. I was so looking forward to this one too. :-(
Trusted Contributor

Whoever is in charge of spelling needs a dictionary!

I am not rushing to buy this until I see how Louis styles it. I DO NOT wear my sweaters all pulled over the behind like this. Don't like that look. Just not how I'd do it all.

Respected Contributor

Sammijo, I had the same reaction when I looked at that the item photos. So I ran upstairs and measured my whisper knit waist whittling sweaters. My two very favorites - the original A210360 and the surplice A237407 are 25 inches and 24 inches, respectively, in size XS after washing. So the stated length for this sweater starts out only 1/2 inch longer, though it sure looks a whole lot longer in that photo. The V-neck, A217629, is a little shorter, at 23 inches.

I found the length of the new tank, A255148, to be a little to long for my liking even after I sized down.

So even though I like the mahogany, this will be a pass for me. I'm hoping to buy only two pieces of clothing this fall, and with that limitation the pieces have to be perfect. This sweater is too long to be perfect for me.

Valued Contributor

crdlb, I've cringed at th missing "e" ever since GF posted the Q description, LOL. Here in the south, I read "Collard" and I think of greens.

I love the collar on this sweater and started to order, but now that I've read the measurements, I think I will need to see this one live before buying it. The "click here" measurements have the sweep straight 5" smaller than the chest measurement in my size. Either that is off, or there is some kind of finish to the hem that isn't showing in the photos. When I first saw this sweater, I was hoping it had more of the tunic-type hem - turned over hem with side slits. Now, it looks like it might be a fitted ribbing like the turtleneck. Usually, only the turtleneck and the WW sweaters are inches smaller in the hip measurement than the top. I will wait for Louis' sneak peak. He knows the important details we NTK.

Esteemed Contributor

What the heck size is the model wearing? The ivory is at least two sizes too big.

I too am waiting on this. Need to see what else is coming.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

On 7/28/2014 gardensla said:

What the heck size is the model wearing? The ivory is at least two sizes too big.

I too am waiting on this. Need to see what else is coming.

I went back and took a look at the ivory. I see what you mean. I believe that the model is wearing at least one size too large in the mahogany version, and at least two sizes too large in the ivory version. Why can't they put this model in the right size sweater? Why were those ponte knit leggings photographed with that ridiculous fold above the knee?

I'll say it again, whoever has the job of selecting the clothing and doing the photography for these stills should not have the job.

If you look, this is actually a waist whittling sweater with a fair amount of detail - in addition to the waist ribbing, there is cuff detail and the collar. It could potentially be a great sweater in the right size and length, but it's so hard to tell if it would look good in the correct size because of these ridiculous photos.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a real brain trust over there. Between the description of a skirt with a zipper and button as "pull on" and now "collard" rather than "collared" they're getting pretty sloppy. When I worked for a large online retailer, they outsourced writing the online descriptions to a company in India. That company was provided with manufacturers information and a picture. What came back was crazy and very often very incorrect. Betting the Q is also going this route as are many large retailers.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

On 7/28/2014 gardensla said:

It's a real brain trust over there. Between the description of a skirt with a zipper and button as "pull on" and now "collard" rather than "collared" they're getting pretty sloppy. When I worked for a large online retailer, they outsourced writing the online descriptions to a company in India. That company was provided with manufacturers information and a picture. What came back was crazy and very often very incorrect. Betting the Q is also going this route as are many large retailers.

That makes sense, but I'm still horrified at the poor quality of photography and descriptions.

I'm keeping my powder dry for the waist whittling turtleneck that is coming this season, potentially my only whisper knit purchase. I'm interested in the dresses, but will probably pass. I have enough Eileen Fisher wool knit sheath dresses, and I think they hold their shape better than the whisper knit, even when the whisper knit is every needle rib.

Trusted Contributor

Don't forget mahogany is spelled incorrectly, too. I do want to see Louis' styling on this sweater. It could be totally cute, but no way to tell from this photo.