Respected Contributor

New WK Boot Length Skirt Now Available - A257384!

Got the Black and Nutmeg!

Linea by Louis DellOlio Whisper Knit Mid Calf Skirt

Trusted Contributor

Re: New WK Boot Length Skirt Now Available - A257384!

I also would not wear this skirt with something tucked into it. Just saying. This will look cute with the side button sweater or the cardigan I think. They've managed to make the nutmeg look like Halloween on my computer. The tank I got is really a much more subtle color.

Respected Contributor

On 7/27/2014 crdlb said:

I also would not wear this skirt with something tucked into it. Just saying. This will look cute with the side button sweater or the cardigan I think. They've managed to make the nutmeg look like Halloween on my computer. The tank I got is really a much more subtle color.

In my opinion, you have to wear a slip with a skirt like this. I had about eight skirts of this style in wool knit from Eileen Fisher, and I could never tolerate the way that the A-line flare of the slip folded and was visible along the length of the skirt. I could never find a narrow enough slip that didn't climb up my legs. So I ended up cutting off all of those skirts and hemming them to knee length. I occasionally wear the skirts with a thin sweater tucked in and belted, and with a very wide belt. But other than that, I agree that a sweater knit skirt looks best with a blouse or sweater not tucked into the waistband.

Esteemed Contributor

This really needs to be styled with boots and a long sweater. I would wear something chunky such as a fisherman's sweater to balance out the slim bottom but this would also be lovely with just a WK turtleneck.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 7/27/2014 crdlb said:

In my opinion, you have to wear a slip with a skirt like this. I had about eight skirts of this style in wool knit from Eileen Fisher, and I could never tolerate the way that the A-line flare of the slip folded and was visible along the length of the skirt. I could never find a narrow enough slip that didn't climb up my legs. So I ended up cutting off all of those skirts and hemming them to knee length. I occasionally wear the skirts with a thin sweater tucked in and belted, and with a very wide belt. But other than that, I agree that a sweater knit skirt looks best with a blouse or sweater not tucked into the waistband.

I like to wear Spanx under mine, so no problem about the slip. I'm not a big "tucker" in general. I'm sure it looks great on you with the way you style it. I would look like a pumpkin!

Respected Contributor

I know it represents a dumb question for most of you, but what does WK mean? I keep seeing it on the board, but have no idea what it's means. Thanks in advance.

Frequent Contributor

Wow ... this photo has a serious sister-wife look going on!

I agree with Gardens about the styling - this would look cute with a fisherman's sweater and boots.

But it is just soooo hard to get past that photo! We need a Louis-styled sneak peak pronto!

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/28/2014 enjay said:

Wow ... this photo has a serious sister-wife look going on!

I agree with Gardens about the styling - this would look cute with a fisherman's sweater and boots.

But it is just soooo hard to get past that photo! We need a Louis-styled sneak peak pronto!

Girl, you are killing it today!

Everyone's going to wear long over lean on this one, but I guess the Q has to show the entire skirt as nakedly as possible.

I'm almost being the crash-test-dummy mannequins!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Are we going back to the mid 1980's? Sorry, that skirt screams "fashion frump approaching". It's wrong on so many different levels. The length is awkard and dated. Either go ankle length-maxi or go knee length. I can't even describe this length.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Perkup said:

I know it represents a dumb question for most of you, but what does WK mean? I keep seeing it on the board, but have no idea what it's means. Thanks in advance.

I think WK=whisper knit.