Valued Contributor

Had an interesting/odd experience recently with J291538. I had written a review which went days and days never posting. I got the earrings weeks ago. So I clicked on "feedback" and asked that my review be posted. More days went by. I clicked again on "feedback" and asked what the problem was and why my review hadn't shown up.

A couple of days after that I got a phone call from QVC. The woman - I'll excuse her right up front because she hardly sounded like she knew what she was doing - started out the conversation with a distinct defensive tone and said she was calling about my feedback on the review. She started telling me that QVC only posts "some" of the reviews. I listened patiently until she stopped - since she was not getting push back from me I figured - and then she said, "Was it a good review?" I said that yes, it absolutely was a good review. Somewhat confusedly she said "hmm, well I don't understand. If it was a good review and all why it wasn't posted." [This is where I'm not judging what she had to say because if I were training her, I would have told her never to say that.] Anyway, after more confusion she backed right out of the conversation and said she would forward on my request that the review be published. During the conversation I think she repeated 3 times that since my review didn't have anything "bad" to say, she didn't understand what had happened. I thanked her and then she hung up. Let's add here, that she could have "meant" to say quite a number of things by talking about "bad" reviews. I didn't question her, just listened.

My review posted in another 2 days or so after the phone call. I've never had this happen before and I've posted a lot of reviews - some very satisfied - some less satisfied. And I've never had one go totally unposted like that and I've never received a phone call like that.

Bottom line - the earrings are quite beautiful even for a died-in-the-wool - nothing-over-1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch earring kinda gal.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Those great dangle earrings

Very odd. I had one review they wouldn't post because I used a brand name in it that QVC didn't sell. I get that, sorta, but I find it hard to believe that they don't post negative reviews.

Valued Contributor

I'm sure they post negative reviews crdlb. I guess the question is do they post all negative reviews or in the same vein, do they post all positive reviews? The telephone conversation revealed a leaning, at least on the part of the caller who was perhaps not representing QVC very well on her end, against negative reviews. BUT, giving her all the benefit of the doubt, it's possible that by "bad" she meant "inappropriate language" though that is not what she said. I was not aware that they limited reviews at all - so that was an interesting bit of information. Oddly, if you read my review on this particular item, I don't think there is anything in it that would have caused them to hold back on publishing it. Just the oddest thing.

Respected Contributor

I posted a review on one of their gardening products expressing my disappointment. I got a call from a very nice, professional lady in corporate apologizing for the lack of performance of the item.

She then informed me that I would receive a full refund and hoped that perhaps next year I would see some results.

3 days later, I had the $ in the bank.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

That's impressive Pommom!

Valued Contributor

I wrote a VERY positive review about a bracelet and it's still not posted!!! 3 weeks later!!! I'm done wasting my times on reviews.

Valued Contributor

I felt the same way tough_kitty. Why waste time writing a review - something which really is extra-mile - if it's never going to get posted. Which is why I sent a request to post my review two times by way of the ""feedback"" button at the top of the item page. I do not recall QVC ever telling us that our reviews ""might"" or ""might not"" get posted. I could be way out of touch though on whatever their current policy is.

Honored Contributor

On 7/12/2014 TheOwl said:

I felt the same way tough_kitty. Why waste time writing a review - something which really is extra-mile - if it's never going to get posted. Which is why I sent a request to post my review two times by way of the "feedback" button at the top of the item page. I do not recall QVC ever telling us that our reviews "might" or "might not" get posted. I could be way out of touch though on whatever their current policy is.

What a very odd experience. Thanks for sharing. Posting reviews really does help smaller lines to receive budget allocation. But, I also feel strongly about authenticity-it impacts us as a consumer. Because of the lack of quality control at Q as it pertains to reviews, we know we can't depend on the info to make buying decisions. I rarely post reviews for this reason, although I did in the past, and certainly don't rely on them for buying decisions. Now to learn about your experience. What the heck? To take the time to post geniune reviews and have them ignored or questioned while they post reviews from people who haven't purchased is unacceptable. And your experience only highlights the intent by Q to hide or not post "negative" reviews. Not cool on so many fronts. Q-you need to fix your product review process!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri