Valued Contributor

PLEASE DO NOT BUY WHISPER KNIT PANTS IF!!!

As Louis stated this is our last chance to purchase Whisper Knit Pants. If there are too many returns; regardless of the reasons there will be no more. For new Linea customers, these are NOT leggings, they are slacks. If you purchase these, because they are knit, thinking they will be tight fitting tights, cigarette, slim leg or leggings please know they will not be; they are slacks!!! I am so hoping all interested new Linea customers will read this and understand, these are fabulous pants and this may be our last chance to buy w/k pants. If there are very few returns we will be so thrilled to be able to buy again in the future.

Please go to A228555 or A220127 (same item and same video for some strange reason) and listen to Louis, see how they fit on the models and write all the measurements down. Then when the new w/k pants are offered you can compare. Louis said in his blog they should be the same as the last time they were offered but it never hurts to check your measurements.

I usually wear a medium 34" waist and 38" hips. I do not like my slacks tight. My leggings tight, yes. I ordered medium when the w/k pants were offered under the items numbers above and I could have worn a small if I wanted them a little closer around the butt. I ordered one pair in small but that did not make the legs any tighter. My mediums simply graze the body, do not show any panty lines or "stuff". I am the poster who brought up the pant liners. I swear by them and they do help with knee issues that all knit pants have; even my Saint John knit pants that cost a fortune. Go to Amazon and you can find pant liners, they work the same way a sewn in lining does.

P.S. Yes, you can hem knit pants.

I beg all of you, please let's don't mess this up. This is our last chance!!!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE DO NOT BUY WHISPER KNIT PANTS IF!!!

Happy Lady -

What would you suggest for someone with a 28 inch waist and 38 inch hips? I usually wear a medium in everything - 5'4"" tall.

I tried the denim dresses and jackets and I'm HOOKED!

Is it the same WK as the sweaters and tanks?

Honored Contributor

Um...there seems to be more issues, than someone thinking these are leggings. Why blame the customer if the garment sizing is off significantly? Another poster said they were 5 inches longer than the garment sizing info. Appears to me that the high return rate was due to garment sizing and/or the website info. Let's identify the core reasons for the high return rate and then address them, so those interested like me don't have to deal with returns and exchanges.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

OMG I am gob smacked that somebody would post such a thing to other customers.

How about the reason for the returns? Deal with the underlying true issues and not blame the customer.

I have read this time and time again on this forum. People complain about this item and that..and they are told they were too rough, not to do this or that etc. Um no they should be able wear it in the manner in which they did.

I don't care if Louis says the sizing issue is not his fault. Bull Pucky!! His name is on this product so he needs to get his fanny in gear and figure it out. I see other Vendors touring factories etc where their items are produced. Maybe he needs to do something similiar. Blaming Q, the buyers etc is not acceptable.

It is HIS line..his NAME..and he is running all the way to the bank and back - so how about making sure that the complaints are met with satisfaction..sizing, color, etc.

People buy several sizes not knowing which one that will fit and return the rest. It is what it is.

Trusted Contributor

Thank goodness I have two pair from last year and know what size to order. Keeping my fingers crossed they will run as long as last time. I need the extra length!
Super Contributor

Chi-town,

I agree. I don't think the problem was completely because people expected leggings but got slacks. I bought these and love them. They fit me beautifully. BUT-- one pair was 2 inches longer than the online measurement and 1 pair was 4 inches longer. I decided to try shrinking and to just wear them with high heels since I loved the pant so much. In my case it worked out OK. But it required me to make an adjustment. I did not get the pants that the online measurements said I would get.

So, while I agree that it would be great to have these pants continue to come back. I think most women returned them because the quality was missing (in terms of getting a variety of lengths for the same pant). If Louis could get that fixed in the manufacture process I suspect he'd see many fewer returns.

Valued Contributor

On 6/25/2014 terrier3 said:

Happy Lady -

What would you suggest for someone with a 28 inch waist and 38 inch hips? I usually wear a medium in everything - 5'4" tall.

I tried the denim dresses and jackets and I'm HOOKED!

Is it the same WK as the sweaters and tanks?

HI Terrier3..... I am thinking since you have such a tiny waist that you should not order medium. I am kind of straight; not curvy like you. How I envy you such a small waist. My suggestion would be to go to the item numbers I listed in my header and read the waist measurements stretched and relaxed. I bought one small and with my 34" waist fits fine; not pulling too much, but I do prefer the overall fit of mediums. My mediums do not sag on my waist. You probably need a small or even an XS. I don't know how you like your slacks to lay on your body. Remember since they are knit they do have weight and stretch down. That does not help with the length issues.

As far as the pants being the same WK as the sweaters and tanks I don't know. I swear some of the W/K sweaters and skirts feel different even when they are not ENR (ever needle rib, which uses double yarn) . Why don't you go on Louis website and ask him to explain W/K again for everyone to understand? See if he says the pants are the same knit as the regular sweaters. louisdelloliodotcom.

You will love them, but at 5'4" you are going to need to hem them if they are as long as the last offering. Louis's tall customers were in tall cotton!!!

Respected Contributor

I agree the sizing was insane! My black pair was 30" inseam, perfect. My brown was 34" inseam..... I shrunk them successfully. But come on....get the sizing right.
Honored Contributor

IMO, I think part of the problem was the mislabeling of Misses pants being marked as Petites!! This sounds like it was not a sizing issue for the person, but a factory issue-- (need 300 pants in Petites and only 280 made?)-- lets take some of the Misses (20 of them) and label them as Petites!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Also, if for some reason yours don't fit---please find another Linea Lady who wants them and do a private transaction and avoid the returns dilemma....we beg of you! I am willing to set up a Linea Ladies Delphi Forum for that purpose---getting new, unused items to interested buyers, or even gently used items in excellent condition, and people can post what they have and those who want them can connect with them. Your thoughts?

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel