Frequent Contributor

Why does QVC give Linea such Rotten hours?

I used Rotten instead of what I really wanted to say. I just received my July Insider. Linea is on July10th from 2-4am (west coast) and 5-7am (east coast) that's all. Seriously, 1 show in the middle of the night for us on the west and pretty darn early for those on the east. The man has a great following, who showed that by the protested they staged to keep him. All they can give him is 1 show in the wee hours?!?!?! And forget about a jewelry hour! Just some of the worst pictures of his jewelry ever! Mr. Dell'Olio deserves better! He is after all (and Q brags about it) a true designer. So how about a little (alot) of respect for him?

Shame on you QVC!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why does QVC give Linea such Rotten hours?

They know he has a great following. Do you think think they do that to get back at us for the write in campaign we did when they were going to cancel him? Or am I just being silly? Sometimes I picture some little man in a dingy little cubical saying "I'll show those ladies, I'll make them get up in the middle of the night. Hee, hee, hee!"

Esteemed Contributor

Lowest quality at highest quantity. That is what QVC has become. Linea doesn't fit that model.
Honored Contributor

The hours probably reflect the total sales of a product. Lines like Denim& Co., Susan Graver, Logo garner far more sales so they're shown when there is the greatest audience, unless they're doing clearance where there are limited quantities. I've noticed that Bob Mackie has been relegated to many overnights too. QVC knows exactly what they are doing. They have experts who schedule the presentations.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Could it be one of two options -- or both?

1. Low inventory quantities. Low Linea quantities would be much lower than Susan Graver's because of initial purchase. There would not be enough product to satisfy prime-time customers. Louis has already sold most of what was bought in his line for the present season. Could this be why?

or

2. Management figures Linea Ladies are die-hards and will buy no matter what the obstacles or hardship.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it matters much since most Linea items are gone or down to broken sizes and colors before the show comes around.

Honored Contributor

On 6/16/2014 kze said:

They know he has a great following. Do you think think they do that to get back at us for the write in campaign we did when they were going to cancel him? Or am I just being silly? Sometimes I picture some little man in a dingy little cubical saying "I'll show those ladies, I'll make them get up in the middle of the night. Hee, hee, hee!"

I doubt that. But, just from what I read here, the bulk of the new items are practically gone before the show airs. Why give him prime hours when, the merchandise has already been sold? Linea has very loyal following and I never quite understood why it was so hard to buy anything from the line. And then I saw a post today or perhaps yesterday that listed item numbers for things that aren't even available yet. Linea ladies, I think, tend to be retired ladies who can and do watch his shows whenever they schedule them anyway.

Trusted Contributor

I love to watch Louis to hear his descriptions & to see his styling & sneak peeks, but there'll be only three new items for a 2-hour show. In addition, most of us will place our orders around midnight anyway. So I'll read the posts & view the videos after I wake up. But still - darn.
Trusted Contributor

The rotten timeslots always go to the lines TPTB want to get rid of. They used to do that with hosts, too, but now they just fire 'em. Linea is a beautiful line, and I was so happy to see a photo of Louis and Donna Karan in an article on her the other day in the paper; there was a mention how the two of them salvaged the Anne Klein line when AK died, and then she left.

Respected Contributor

On 6/16/2014 chrystaltree said:
On 6/16/2014 kze said:

I doubt that. But, just from what I read here, the bulk of the new items are practically gone before the show airs. Why give him prime hours when, the merchandise has already been sold? Linea has very loyal following and I never quite understood why it was so hard to buy anything from the line. And then I saw a post today or perhaps yesterday that listed item numbers for things that aren't even available yet. Linea ladies, I think, tend to be retired ladies who can and do watch his shows whenever they schedule them anyway.

I'm not retired and there are many Linea ladies who range in age, but who have good taste in common. I'm still consulting full-time & traveling and don't have time to be up all hours of the night to order QVC clothing. I DVR his shows and order the moment I see the new offerings listed at midnight.