Super Contributor

Is the denim dress running large?

I just read the reviews for this and two of the three reviews say the dress is much too large. I had concerns about this based on the click here measurements but ordered my normal size anyway. Has anybody else gotten theirs, and how is it running? TIA!
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is the denim dress running large?

I ordered down a size because the armholes are usually too large on me. I also watched the video and looked at Louis' sneak peak. The dress looked like it was cut generously. I am glad I did. The fit was perfect, not as loose as shown on the models but on me it is a slight a line with no cling. Went back and ordered two other colors in the smaller size.

Valued Contributor

Mine is out for delivery, so I will post tomorrow. I ordered my normal small, but I was worried about the waist measurement, which was big. If the rest of it fits okay, I will have it taken in. Hopefully it will be fine!

Valued Contributor

On 4/24/2014 ceicei50 said:

I ordered down a size because the armholes are usually too large on me. I also watched the video and looked at Louis' sneak peak. The dress looked like it was cut generously. I am glad I did. The fit was perfect, not as loose as shown on the models but on me it is a slight a line with no cling. Went back and ordered two other colors in the smaller size.

Where is there a video for this dress?

Honored Contributor

On 4/24/2014 cotto22 said:
On 4/24/2014 ceicei50 said:

Where is there a video for this dress?

Louis said in his blog that this would be an online only (OLO) item so no video.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I went with my form-fitting size of Small in White - Fits great in shoulder & bust area. Find the waist a bit more relaxed than would prefer; so will have it tailored. IMO - does not look good belted. Length hits top of knee - I'm 5'5"+ with broad shoulders, 37C & long legged - 122 lbs. this week - HTH

Really want the Aqua - wait to see $ of alterations 1st

Went with the White to mix w/collect of DG and Bob Mackie (A200404 - xmas gift from my baby sis in Black)Denim Summer jackets

Black/White, Fuchsia, Turquoise (multiples in Ikat)_ & Yellow Leopard print - Tribal in Chambray/TerraCotta

Bob Mackies Embroidered Daisy Jacket w/Daisy Detail

Black has Yellow top stitching that makes embroidered Daisy Pop!

ETA: Buy all my DG2 on clearance from HSN where they actually give the buyer a real clearance price! These jackets were $14.99 plus shipping - great quality too!

Markdown from $69.99 (if memory serves) The math is easy - "a steal of a deal" ! ! !

Contributor

I either buy a size small or medium depending upon the measurements. I ordered a medium to be safe. I'm usually a size 10. It is a little big, especially under the arms. I will keep it because it's not that bad. In the meantime I have ordered a small in a different color. It is on waitlist. So I would say it's running a little big.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with NBW ... my usual S fits very well in the shoulders and bust. The waist/hips are loose, not fitted. But I actually don't mind - I think it looks super cute with the pockets, and very summery - an adorable little sleeveless shift dress. I don't believe it's cut to be very fitted.

I'm 5'6" and it comes to just above my knees. I got the indigo and it's my new favorite flip-flop dress!

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the navy in medium, as the click here measurements made me think that the small might be a bit snug. Big bummer! The dress does run large, as I was swimming in the medium. It felt more than one size too big. Unfortunately, no small available for exchange, so it already went back yesterday. I guess I will have to wait list the small navy.
Super Contributor

On 4/24/2014 enjay said:

I agree with NBW ... my usual S fits very well in the shoulders and bust. The waist/hips are loose, not fitted. But I actually don't mind - I think it looks super cute with the pockets, and very summery - an adorable little sleeveless shift dress. I don't believe it's cut to be very fitted.

I'm 5'6" and it comes to just above my knees. I got the indigo and it's my new favorite flip-flop dress!

I think I'll be fine then since I'm a little shorter and a little heavier than NBW and ordered a small which is my normal Linea size.