Super Contributor

Love Linea but I am done with rushing to order an item before it sells out

Done with this. I love Linea but I do not have the time or the inclination to wait for new items to post and to jump to order because of low stock. This is no way to do business QVC. I am making do with what I have. The new tunic is already gone in most sizes in black and in how Long????

Shame on you QVC.

Super Contributor

Re: Love Linea but I am done with rushing to order an item before it sells out

Try in a couple of weeks. There will likely be some back in stock from returns and/or cancelled checks.

Valued Contributor

This has always been the case with most Linea designs. Limited supply!

Valued Contributor

I smiled when I read your headline! I love Linea also, most of my wardrobe is Linea but, I get caught up in the lists and the "hunt" and wind up sending so many things back. And, as we know, that costs a bundle when added up. I am shopping my closet now, as I shop my jewelry box and I am better for it. I have plenty to wear and all sorts of ways to mix and match. Regards to all!
Honored Contributor

i do not rush to order either (in anything i buy online).....if it is there when i am ready, then i place my order. when i receive items i also HAVE to love the way i look in them, love the quality, and know that they are worth it, otherwise i will return them. there are too many nice things out there that i dont have to "settle" for something that isnt perfect for me, even if i have to spend a bit more.

if there is a chance that something will get marked down soon, then i also decide to wait. i really liked the hooded ponte knit jacket, but i did think it was a bit expensive. i kept that one, but didnt order more because i will wait until they get marked down.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

On 4/21/2014 sunshine45 said:

i do not rush to order either (in anything i buy online).....if it is there when i am ready, then i place my order. when i receive items i also HAVE to love the way i look in them, love the quality, and know that they are worth it, otherwise i will return them. there are too many nice things out there that i dont have to "settle" for something that isnt perfect for me, even if i have to spend a bit more.

if there is a chance that something will get marked down soon, then i also decide to wait. i really liked the hooded ponte knit jacket, but i did think it was a bit expensive. i kept that one, but didnt order more because i will wait until they get marked down.

Louis already said the jacket is being reordered so I don't think it will be marked down any time soon.
Super Contributor

Yes, it is quite annoying, that 'rush'. I'm kinda used to it being a LOGO shopper from way back, but it takes all of the fun out of it. And, I at least like the 'possibility' of receiving a new item as opposed to a returned item. Sometimes I don't even shop until days later when I finally have a chance to watch the recording so...whatever is left, that's what I order which usually means, few new items. As I've posted previously, I think the reason for lack of inventory in Linea is related to the margins for Linea clothing. Because Lewis insists upon quality workmanship and fabrics, they make less moola on his items so they order fewer. That's a guess, but it's the only explanation I have for why they wouldn't be rushing to sell more. Clothing items made in rayon span seem to have a tremendous amount of inventory which leads me to believe that they make a ton of money on anything made in that fabric. Again, a hunch. Only solution? Keep ordering, or we won't have brands like Linea at the Q at all. They'll replace it with rayon span. Don't get me wrong, have plenty of that fabric, but it's nice to have variety.

Super Contributor

I am also done with "waitlist". I placed an order for a skirt and waited 8 months before QVC told me it was not on reorder and would be discontinued. I agree with the other posters, if the item is not available when I shop on line. I will need to pass on it. What a shame, as I just love Linea
Honored Contributor

On 4/21/2014 MarilynM said:
On 4/21/2014 sunshine45 said:

Louis already said the jacket is being reordered so I don't think it will be marked down any time soon.

i can wait because it will eventually get marked down. i am surprised it has been reordered.....it is still available in almost every size and color. a239315 i have it in the beet red right now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The only thing I would 'rush' for is bottoms (pants in particular) as they are probably the most returned item in the line. I find I am waiting for reviews here or on the individual page before getting something I am interested in buying.

Sometimes I buy sight unseen due to knowing the quality of the workmanship or particular fabric. I do have a good idea how an item might look on me so I often do not wait for presentation to see it on models. I know some of us need to see it first and I truly understand that.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼