Trusted Contributor

If anyone has the new linen pants in lapis blue, and also has any of the whisperknit in the old 'mallard' blue, can you tell me if they coordinate?

The only lapis piece I have is the t-neck and I don't think a turtleneck works with linen pants in July! LOL! However, I do have the WK tank in mallard from back in the day and before I order the pants, I'm wondering if they'll coordinate.

Thanks for any input!

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen mallard in person, but I don't think they would work together. I think the lapis and Limoges blue are close in color from what Louis said. I have Limoges in the mock neck, jacket and pants and it is a beautiful color. From what I saw of the linen, I think that would coordinate. I'm sure someone that has the mallard may be able to give you more information.

Honored Contributor

Mallard is a greener blue.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Definitely not liking that combo Sammijo.

Valued Contributor

I have both the linen pants in the blue & the V neck & T neck in the mallard, & they definitely will NOT go well together, Sammijo. I think you'll find lots of other possibilities for those pants, though. Yellow would be a great compliment as well as red, & I'm planning on wearing mine with blue chambray, navy linen, a blue seersucker jacket, white T shirt, & red espadrilles, as well as just a simple black T shirt & black sandals. Lots of ways to go.

Trusted Contributor

The bowed woven blouse in lapis is great with this suit.

Trusted Contributor
On 4/16/2014 WNYgal said:

I have both the linen pants in the blue & the V neck & T neck in the mallard, & they definitely will NOT go well together, Sammijo. I think you'll find lots of other possibilities for those pants, though. Yellow would be a great compliment as well as red, & I'm planning on wearing mine with blue chambray, navy linen, a blue seersucker jacket, white T shirt, & red espadrilles, as well as just a simple black T shirt & black sandals. Lots of ways to go.

Thanks for those suggestions. I would never have thought of black or red with those pants! I'm still not decided if I'll order the blue - the black fit marvelously and since I don't wear shorts or a lot of dresses or skirts, I thought another light weight pair of these pants would be terrific for summer. I'm so trying to limit extraneous purchases, but when you find things that fit as well as these, it's a shame not to get what you can.

Trusted Contributor
On 4/16/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Mallard is a greener blue.

I was afraid of that, JJM, thanks for looking.

Respected Contributor

Sammijo, you can't miss with the blue pants, and if the black fit you well then I think you should definitely get them. I see more of this blue this season than any other color including the orchid color that was supposed to be the it color, which I don't see anywhere.