Super Contributor

Lace jacket - what to wear with?

I need some help, please. I have the lace jacket in moss and love it. I ordered the linen pants in twig to wear with it, and while the linen twig color is perfect with that jacket, the pants themselves were not. Unfortunately, I obviously got a return - large snag in one leg, rip by the zipper, loose threads all over, wrinkled in a ball in the bag, etc. Of course, there are no additional twig pants even close to my size, not even as a waitlist! I am beyond disappointed.

Please share - what do you wear with your lace jackets, especially the moss? I want this more for work. Has anyone tried the hemp color with it, and how does that look and/or compare to the twig?

I have to say, I am getting tired of this circus - stalk to get a size before it sells out, wait forever to receive it, and then it's damaged with no hope of being able to exchange. Frustrating, to say the least. Thanks to anyone with suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lace jacket - what to wear with?

Here's what I'm thinking - some shades of moss, sage, khaki are had to match up with or look good with. I'd take the jacket with me and go shopping at a few stores in your area to hopefully find a good match in an ivory, a light shade of khaki or another hue of moss/sage. I'd pair it with an ivory or a great white shirt/top and perhaps a very light weight summer scarf or some great beads.

For me, I find it easier to take a garment with me to find matches for it.

Super Contributor

pink dogwood, you are right - those shades can be tricky to match. That is one reason I wanted those twig linen trousers - they look amazing with it! I loved the fabric and the style of those pants, and at 5'3", the petite length was perfect. I hate shopping in stores and it is my last alternative usually. Hoping for suggestions from other Linea ladies who have this jacket.

Super Contributor

Beccaboone2,

I also like my lace jackets (in several colors Smiley Happy with any Natural Linen bottoms ... usually pants, either neatly pressed "dressy" or much more likely and more often, slouchy easier "rumpled linen" look. Finally tracked down a natural linen skirt too that works. Lands' End has some nice natural linen pants in a variety of styles. I agree the Moss is too hard to match to another Moss bottom. Have fun; it's a wonderful jacket.

Respected Contributor

I wear my moss lace jacket with black pants, or natural color in a linen blend, dark olive, charcoal, etc. I think it "blends" with many other neutrals, can't get an exact match to another green nor do I want to. I wore it with a white linen skirt and black tank too.

Trusted Contributor

If you are looking for something to wear under the jacket, the natural in the fleck tank is up for reorder. If the tank and the jacket are good together, there are any number of bottoms that can be paired with it, including some many shades of brown (such as coffee bean) or green. The new latte wk skirt may be a good with it. I don't have the latte, so I don't know about it.

There were some bamboo faux linen pants from last season that may also go with it, as well as the stone herringbone pants and the mushroom pants that went with the safari jacket in a lightweight twill.

There are also vintage Linea pebble crepe pants in a tan color that are good to pair with it.

Trusted Contributor

Agree with Crdlb. The natural flecked tank looks like a set. I have this jacket in pink, black and moss, and wear white pants. The twig rayon tank he just sold also looks good with all the colors.

Honored Contributor

A darker olive pant would look rather nice, IMO.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I have it in the Raspberry. Yes, you need the natural fleck tank under. The ribbon trim is actually brown and natural, so I wear dark brown. I think most any beige, tan, Kakhi, bottom will work. I am anxious to order the new black. Don't give up on this jacket it is wonderful.

Honored Contributor

The black lace is from last year; the ivory and the seafoam are the 2 new colors. Black lace is a reorder color.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼