Respected Contributor

Old Whisper Knit Skirt vs. New Whisper Knit Skirt

I finally got around to trying on my whisper knit skirts this morning. I really appreciate the slightly shorter length, and I finally have something to wear with that too long sleeveless black mock neck from last year. I might be imagining this, but it seems to me that the current batch is slightly beefier than last fall's batch.

Does anyone know if both are every needle rib knitting? The current one says "full needle." The old version is silent as to the type of knit.

Respected Contributor

Re: Old Whisper Knit Skirt vs. New Whisper Knit Skirt

I didn't get the new one, but if it is beefier than the WK from the Fall, I sure will...I loved the original ENR skirt and bought an extra one in black before they were discontinued. Thanks for the heads up!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

I'm expecting the delivery of my latest order today? which includes A253411 WK ENR Pencil skirt in Latte. I, too, wishing this replacement is just as beefy as A09484 which is 85% acrylic/15% Wool - my all time favorite Linea skirt!

Like you Sheesh - own multiples in (5)Black, (2)Steel Grey, and (2)Brown. Have all colors that have been offered except Aubergine - my "missing" link.

I'll review on this Linea forum as soon as I receive. Love, love my Linea knits for soft suiting - just add a WK sweater and favorite coordinating jacket/blazer & off ya go!

ETA

Respected Contributor

On 4/12/2014 NaturalBornWoman said:

I'm expecting the delivery of my latest order today? which includes A253411 WK ENR Pencil skirt in Latte. I, too, wishing this replacement is just as beefy as A09484 which is 85% acrylic/15% Wool - my all time favorite Linea skirt!

Like you Sheesh - own multiples in (5)Black, (2)Steel Grey, and (2)Brown. Have all colors that have been offered except Aubergine - my "missing" link.

I'll review on this Linea forum as soon as I receive. Love, love my Linea knits for soft suiting - just add a favorite coordinating jacket/blazer & off ya go!

ETA

Me, too, NBW, I'm missing the Aubergine---one of my favorite colors---did someone say the color is coming back in the Fall---that would be sooo great, if true! I've got the "Beefy" pencil skirt in multiples in Black and then in Olive, Steel Grey, Brown, Dark Mallard and a sort of Magenta color---can't quite recall the name, but I have a Cardigan in the same color---of course, pre-WK.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

On 4/12/2014 Sheesh said:

I'm expecting the delivery of my latest order today? which includes A253411 WK ENR Pencil skirt in Latte. I, too, wishing this replacement is just <em>as beefy as</em> A09484 which is 85% acrylic/15% Wool - my all time favorite Linea skirt!

I'll review on this Linea forum as soon as I receive. Love, love my Linea knits for soft suiting - just add a favorite coordinating jacket/blazer & off ya go!

ETA

Me, too, NBW, I'm missing the Aubergine---one of my favorite colors---did someone say the color is coming back in the Fall---that would be sooo great, if true! I've got the "Beefy" pencil skirt in multiples in Black and then in Olive, Steel Grey, Brown, Dark Mallard and a sort of Magenta color---can't quite recall the name, but I have a Cardigan in the same color---of course, pre-WK.

That one is called Cassis - wore it April Fool's Day with the matching WW WK crewneck Cardi. Just recently discovered a retro boiled wool snap front cardi with rosettes in Eggplant that works with the Cassis skirt. The recent cleaning of my main closet has yielded some nice surprises. Re-discovered A92298 Linea Crepe Trousers in Black, Ink & Burgundy! as well as my cherished Spruce Green pencil skirt.

Now I'm motivated to clean out the other closets just to see & hopefully unearth some more hidden Linea treasures and who knows what else! LoL

Trusted Contributor

Yes, the aubergine is on wait list for fall.

Regular Contributor

On 4/12/2014 Sheesh said:

I'm expecting the delivery of my latest order today? which includes A253411 WK ENR Pencil skirt in Latte. I, too, wishing this replacement is just <em>as beefy as</em> A09484 which is 85% acrylic/15% Wool - my all time favorite Linea skirt!

ETA

That one is called Cassis - wore it April Fool's Day with the matching WW WK crewneck Cardi. Just recently discovered a retro boiled wool snap front cardi with rosettes in Eggplant that works with the Cassis skirt. The recent cleaning of my main closet has yielded some nice surprises. Re-discovered A92298 Linea Crepe Trousers in Black, Ink & Burgundy! as well as my cherished Spruce Green pencil skirt.

Now I'm motivated to clean out the other closets just to see & hopefully unearth some more hidden Linea treasures and who knows what else! LoL

Don't mean to hijack this in another direction from the WK skirt but had to comment how much I love those trousers. Such a great fabric! Hope you find more hidden treasures!

Super Contributor

Correction: WW WK crew neck cardi in Cassis is NOT WK, it's 85% acrylic 15%wool

Item A217983 still available ordering - don't want to mislead anyone! A beautiful cardigan.