Respected Contributor

Are any Linea ladies ordering Honora?

I've been collecting pearls. I love them but don't seem to wear them. I got a lunchtime special set of bracelets that are gorgeous. A fraction of the price. I think my problem is with Honora you really have to buy higher end and I haven't. So got the 11 mm buttons on sale; worth it for the happy backs which I bought from Amazon for ten bucks. I think I'll get the anklet; have small ankles and love anklets.

Super Contributor

Re: Are any Linea ladies ordering Honora?

I have a ton of Honora and I love pearls. But I have found Honora's quality has really declined in recent years, and I seldom buy now. The last two things I bought I was very disappointed with the quality - I sent one back and kept the other and regretted it as I had repeating issues with it (it was a pair of earrings with crystals and the crystals would fall out practically any time I touched the earring).

Honestly, I have so many pearls I don't need more. My son's girlfriend loves pearls, and I bought her earrings for her birthday last year and a matching strand of pearls for Christmas. I ordered those from Ross Simons, and I was very impressed with the quality, pricing, and customer service. She loved her pearls and they have become her "signature" look. {#emotions_dlg.wub} I highly recommend them for pearls.

Respected Contributor

No, Honora lost me as a customer when they started making the line 95% Bronzo.

Valued Contributor

I have many Honora pieces and was hoping to get the TSV because I like large, organic-shaped pears. But I missed out on that. I did pick up a couple pieces today.

Trusted Contributor

I have quite a collection of Honora from several years of collecting - mostly in sterling silver. I use the colorful Honora pearls as 'fashion' jewelry but I like to know that it is an organic piece at the same time.

The only piece I've had an issue with is a bracelet I purchased at a local jewelry store! I've had that break twice (I would wear it to work and all that hitting the keyboard and desk must have taken a toll) and had it restrung. All my pieces from the Q have held up well. I also get some of their sets as gifts. The Ming pearls were calling my name, but I don't really have anywhere to wear them. Can't picture them with my more casual Linea. That long Ming strand would look awesome layered with the bronze or mocha mist strand of Linea pearls on the new coffee bean "Mambo" dress, don't you think?

Respected Contributor

I too love pearls. I have quite a few Honora pieces that I purchased in the past. I also purchased quite a few items as gifts. I haven't bought anything for several years. I would be happier if they would focus more on the quality of their jewelry and their designs. Seems like they are trying too hard to put out a lot of new designs every time they visit. I do not like the bronze at all. Or the dyed colors they have been presenting lately. I think the Q must be pushing them to focus on new products more than on quality. That same issue seems to be happening with a lot of the Q lines these days. I miss the old Honora.

I purchased a Ross Simons pearl necklace as a gift for my Mom a few years back. The necklace is beautiful, quality is great and the price was very reasonable compared to Honora. She loves that necklace and wears it often.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

Love pearls, and have many Honora pieces from years back, still wear them but not nearly as often. The ones I do have are very nice quality, some unusual colors/shapes, Biwa and baroques, was fortunate to buy them when I did. I haven't been tempted recently.

Valued Contributor

I have very nice saltwater pearl pieces, some South Sea, all in 14-18k. Not interested in lesser quality fashion jewelry marketed as fine jewelry.
Esteemed Contributor

I love, love pearls and have quite a bit of Honora. Last visit I bought a really elegant pair of gold hoops with pearl drop charms that have become a favorite and years and years ago I bought the piece that put Honora on the map--the pearls and invisible thread necklace.

That said, more often than not I reach for a strand of Mikimoto that were a gift a few years ago and it has become a bit of a signature (it's the same one Carrie wore in the first Sx and the City movie). I tend to prefer the more classic pieces rather than the wild colors and odd shapes Honora offers of late.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

I have really enjoyed the new fashion colors. I wear the Jet Leopard color combination with my Linea topaz crew neck WK, black pants and either the topaz jacket or a black jacket and that necklace rocks with it. I typically wear it with gold hoops and a gold bangle. Gorgeous!

Honora Cultured Pearl 22 8.0mm - 11.0mm Ringed Necklace

I love the ring pearls. Bought some of the fun fashion combinations like Envy (greens) and Peacock (blue/green/indigo) and they look great with the Linea WK colors. I like to use them to tie together color combinations. The multi-color necklaces allow me to wear my Linea olive with magenta, lavender, etc. and have the combination make sense.