Valued Contributor

Received Blue & Black "Mambo" Dresses...Boo Hoo:(

They are beautiful, soft, the blue is a gorgeous color. I was so excited to get this dress because I have Louis' various shrugs, sweaters that would work back to them. I should know my body better by now...so I shook my head when I looked in the mirror! I'm 5'4" and holding and wear a small or medium. I got a medium in these to make sure they skimmed over my body. The sizing is perfect, even a little generous medium, but dresses are not my friend. I think a tall and willowy person would look best in this dress. I just look even shorter than I am, the dress has a nice waist shape, but that is a problem for me I have a small waist and have hips and this dress just exaggerated the hips. They are already packed to be returned. So, I hope those who got them love them and feel like dancing the mambo! I guess I will just stick to the cha-cha! So, anytime you see me post about getting some dress, please feel free to remind me of the mambo dress! Be well, ladies.
Honored Contributor

Re: Received Blue & Black ""Mambo"" Dresses...Boo Hoo:(

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I received my black one yesterday. I took it out of the bag and immediatly thought....nightgown....so back it goes!

Respected Contributor

Don't feel too bad! I am probably older and wiser, but "knew" this dress was not for my XL short round self! I also have learned to trust my own instincts and not succumb to Linea fever, hoping an item will make me look like Jac, Kate, Chantal, Maria, etc. Sigh.

There are, however, always things that work wonderfully for me. Right now I am shopping my closet, have plenty for awhile.

Valued Contributor

On 4/8/2014 LDOlvr said:

I received my black one yesterday. I took it out of the bag and immediatly thought....nightgown....so back it goes!

I love my DKNY nighties and YES, the dress feels just like it. The nightie looks better on me than the dress!!!! You made me LOL, thanksSmiley Happy
Valued Contributor

On 4/8/2014 author said:

Don't feel too bad! I am probably older and wiser, but "knew" this dress was not for my XL short round self! I also have learned to trust my own instincts and not succumb to Linea fever, hoping an item will make me look like Jac, Kate, Chantal, Maria, etc. Sigh.

There are, however, always things that work wonderfully for me. Right now I am shopping my closet, have plenty for awhile.

I love Linea and have built myself a wonderful wardrobe but you are right about getting caught up in it. When I see his sneak peeks, I love it all and I guess in my very short self I think I will look like Kate or Jac!!!! So, I am shopping closet because I have plenty of beautiful things. And, I also am shopping my jewelry box, too. Thanks for cheering me up about thisSmiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Although l loved the mambo dress at first sight, I realized that I can no longer carry off this sort of look. It broke my heart to pass despite my early enthusiasm. So, I feel deeply for you on this. I suppose that is why I wrote that I wish I were in my 30s wearing the mambo/flapper dress.

Oh well, I have been excessive in other Linea areas -- and the Palm Frond jewelry is coming up. There will be something for you to madly love in the not-too-distant future, I am sure.

Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2014 waterbaby said:
On 4/8/2014 author said:

I love Linea and have built myself a wonderful wardrobe but you are right about getting caught up in it. When I see his sneak peeks, I love it all and I guess in my very short self I think I will look like Kate or Jac!!!! So, I am shopping closet because I have plenty of beautiful things. And, I also am shopping my jewelry box, too. Thanks for cheering me up about thisSmiley Happy

Honestly, I think we've all been in this situation! Enjoy what works for you, and those things are usually pretty spectacular in how great they can make you look and feel. The others, like this mambo dress, are fun to look at on the models but pass by for us.

I am shopping my jewelry box too, not buying new at all, hoping for the palm frond necklace though. I missed the silver fish in a blink of an eye so am checking frequently for the palm frond one.

Glad we could cheer you up!

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2014 Goldie76 said:

Although l loved the mambo dress at first sight, I realized that I can no longer carry off this sort of look. It broke my heart to pass despite my early enthusiasm. So, I feel deeply for you on this. I suppose that is why I wrote that I wish I were in my 30s wearing the mambo/flapper dress.

Oh well, I have been excessive in other Linea areas -- and the Palm Frond jewelry is coming up. There will be something for you to madly love in the not-too-distant future, I am sure.

My coffee bean mambo dress looks fantastic!! SmileSmile

I tried it on in the size Small and it fits!! I paired it with some Monet jewelry from JCP I had gotten several months ago-- bronze and gold beaded necklaces. The earrings posted would work. I bought different ones from JCP.

I also have some vintage faux tiger eye statement necklace from Monet with matching earrings that works with this color dress too.

Monet® Bronze-Tone Long Beaded NecklaceMonet® Two-Tone Beaded Collar NecklaceMonet® Two-Tone Textured Button Earrings

These are the earrings I bought:

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Got this dress in a size medium. I carry my weight in the middle hips/waist. I always wear skimmies or spanx to give a smoothing effect, and 5'4. IMO it is not to long and it looks good. I. I am a small in some items and medium in dresses like these that cling to the body. Got the blue which is very saturated and beautiful in color, also the coffee bean which goes well with the brown feather print blouse an accent to cover the arms.