Respected Contributor

Feather Print Pull-on Pleated Skirt

A227580 Still trying to decide to keep it or return. Ordered size up so it isn't tight around hips but waist is a bit loose. I'm 5'4' on a good day and it hangs almost to my ankles. The print is beautiful. I haven't worn dress/skirt in probably 10 years s maybe I'm just not used to it. What would you do?

Valued Contributor

Re: Feather Print Pull-on Pleated Skirt

I don't have this skirt or any that are longer than knee length. I am 5'4" also and anything that long makes me look dumpy and about 3' tall!!! It's up to you but I say this about jewelry, clothes or anything you buy....if you don't love it right out of the box, send it back. There are too many great options out there and too many clothes in closets that never get worn because they just don't fit right or you feel it doesn't really flatter you.
Respected Contributor

Tried it on again. Just seems huge. It's cheaper to return than tailor.

Respected Contributor

I'd return - if it doesn't wow you and make you look taller and more wonderful, then no amount of tweaking and rationalizing will make it better later. I spent the morning clearing out my closet and there were quite a few things like this that I did keep and never wore.

Esteemed Contributor

That's why I only bought the blouse. That style skirt would not be my friend, either.

Definitely return. Never try to like something. It will never grow on you. Lots of other Linea to love.

Respected Contributor

When I was younger and had NO money I think I was better dressed. Was too small for b&m (we're talking "ice age") and had to buy more expensive clothes in boutiques, Ann Taylor. I had to LOVE something to buy it.

I have this skirt. I ordered it in my regular S. Maybe because I have a small waist in proportion it's a perfect fit. I'm only 5'2" and only wear flats. I've had a horrible week so just wore the same skirt every day. And I've gotten compliments every day. That means the E.R.(helped nurse order it) endodontist: she ordered it. You could really see the print in the dentist's chair. And finally when things improved: the hairdresser. Obviously it was right for me.

It would have been much too much fabric in a larger size for me.