Honored Contributor

Ponte Knit Striped Tanks Review

Went by click here measurements and thought they would fit me in the Small-- they do but they are fitted. I have ordered the Mediums in the black/gray and black/blue colors.

The stripes do line up on the sides except where the dart is for the bustline.

These tops fit the way the dress does (and in that case I had to size up to a Medium on that as well). The fabric is the same percentages as the striped sleeveless dress from last year (as is the open cardigan).

I wear a 38B bra and have a 32" waist. So if you bought the dress last year, stay with the size you bought for this tank.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Re: Ponte Knit Striped Tanks Review

Bumping up for those who missed it. I think this one is the sleeper of the latest 'new' items.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine are on the brown truck for delivery today. Before reading your review I was thinking ""what possessed me to order all three ... do I really want all three?""

Thanks for answering my question.

Contributor

I just received my striped tank yesterday, I love the fabric but it is too snug for my taste. Returning for a medium, I wish I had read your post earlier JustJazzmom.

Honored Contributor

I mentioned this on another thread but for those who have the open cardigan (A232657) the stripes on the cardigan line up correctly with the tank (same visual line across the front when worn together).

Valued Contributor

I ordered a 1X, just like other Linea tanks, and love the fit. Yes, it is a closer fit, but not body hugging. The dense fabric prevents fat rolls from showing. Body is tapered. Without doubt, the most flattering tank I've ever put on. The blue/black looks fab under my jean jacket. Considering the other colors, but at over $40, it's pricey for me.

Valued Contributor

JJM, thanks for your review, I am similar in size to you except my waist line is a little larger, I usually wear a small but decided to size up and was glad I did. The small was fitted and the med. was semi-fitted as you said. I also got the med. in the matching cardigan and it is perfect.

Respected Contributor

I sized up to xl, a bit lose on top but i could take it in. Cant tell when the cardi is over it.
Super Contributor

I have the cardis in L but ordered the tank in 1X and the fit is perfect. Will order ivory tank now...that I know I won't have to return it.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered my usual size and the fit is fine. The black/gray is probably more suited for fall ... it looks great with the new jacket in pewter.