Regular Contributor

FURIOUS! 6th Wrong Linea item sent in weeks, now sold out

I am FURIOUS-- YES I AM SHOUTING-- with the incompetence of the QVC order fulfillment operations and warehouse! I have just received the 6th wrong Linea item since January. Now, instead of the twig linen pants I ordered, I received a second pair of the pewter woven pants. (I had already ordered a pair of the pewter pants to go with a previously ordered pewter crepe jacket.)

Now the twig linen pants are totally sold out in anything remotely resembling my size. So I am 'stuck' with the twig linen jacket-- which I LOVE-- but NO pants to make a suit!

This comes after TWO wrong deliveries in my attempts to order the new WK 3/4 sleeve V-neck sweater-- TWICE I received, instead, the mock neck WK sweater, which was stuffed into a bag with the erroneous label stating it was the V-Neck. (I crossed out the bad label on my initial return, so I didn't get the same mis-labeled sweater the second time: clearly they have messed up the labeling of the V-neck WK sweater in the warehouse.)

And a few weeks ago, they sent an XL dotted swiss blouse instead of the L size I ordered and inexplicably, they sent an Isaac printed knit sweater instead of Linea Ponte knit pants I ordered. And when I tried to rectify that error, the initial attempt was thwarted when they sent the wrong size. Luckily, I was able to return that one and get the ponte pants in the correct size before they sold out.

And the Q gives Louis a hard time about returns? What about returns caused by the absolute incompetence of the QVC order fulfillment/warehouse operations. Dear Claire Watts, exec in charge of those operations, you have failed miserably once again in your oversight duties. I wonder how that woman keeps her job...

Occasional Contributor

Re: FURIOUS! 6th Wrong Linea item sent in weeks, now sold out

I feel your pain......The only thing I order from the Q is Linea and have been sent wrong item or color the past couple of orders. I could go on and rant about the the Q but this is your post so will refrain......Hope things will work out in the future.

Regular Contributor

Gingerjars, please DO rant here about your bad experiences trying to give the Q your money to buy the Linea clothing you want! Perhaps we can get the attention of the corporate types who continue to refuse to accept responsiblity for the worsening problems and do something about them!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so very sorry you're having these problems, and I must say I feel somewhat vindicated in my complaints about similar things happening to me. I and others who have complained about getting wrong items, defective items, items that are obviously sized completely wrong, and having to return a lot, have been roundly criticized here and told "if you're not happy, don't buy", or "go somewhere else", or "if you change your mind or something just doesn't fit, that's not QVC's fault", and of course, "you can always get it somewhere else"--well, you CAN'T always get it somewhere else, as you yourself have discovered.

We've heard of the "dreaded letter", saying if you return too much, QVC will close your account. I got a notice like that once, and I immediately wrote about a 6-page letter detailing every single thing that had happened, but before they got the letter, I actually got a phone call....I proceeded to spend about 25 minutes telling her what I thought, and when I was done, she didn't say anything else. I stopped buying for a while, and when I started again, everything went fine. Then it started happening again, problem after problem. So now I am in the process of taking a second very long sabbatical from buying anything from QVC...it will have to be something I just can't live without before I will place another order!

I hope you get these things straightened out, and hopefully you will be able to get the twig pants sometime soon!

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry to hear this. Six times? That's just awful. I hope they make it right somehow. Surely there will be some returns and you will eventually get the right item.

Well after three phone calls, my black linen jacket went from backorder (ordered at midnight before the day of the show) to processing. I think they're probably ticked at me for complaining, so who knows what I'll receive in my package -- Pooping Moose from 1992?{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

Totally unacceptable, unprofessional, and irresponsible to conduct a business in this way. One wrong item, they get a pass; three wrong items, they're skating on thin ice; SIX wrong items and I'd be on the phone expressing my outrage.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

So sorry, Blindogs. Unfortunately, if they do this often enough - and we all know they do - there will be jackets sent back solely because they messed up the pants order. The beauty of Linea is that when you NEED a suit, these separates do the job. Without the pants, I certainly wouldn't keep the jacket, no matter how beautiful it is, and I'm sure it IS beautiful. And then the returns are counted against Linea for re-orders.

And because there were so many returns, we won't get additional inventory so that we possibly COULD make a suit.

What a way to run a business.

Honored Contributor

I understand your fury, blinddogs, and I am sorry you will not be able to complete your suit. It really makes no sense. The Linea merchandise is marketed so brilliantly and then the screw-up comes during the fulfillment (or, should I say, unfulfillment) phase.

Recently I had a run of mistaken deliveries, and I was not a happy camper.

Respected Contributor

Not a Linea issue, but a wrong stuff issue. I ordered a couple of pairs of D&C capris the other day and I got two pairs of the wrong size, wrong color, long two pocket pull on pants. Both had been opened, but it didn't appear that either had been worn. I am sending them back, of course. But how can someone send something so completely wrong?

Honored Contributor

That seems ridiculous number of errors. How many things have you ordered total? (Or what's the percentage of incorrect orders?)

I'd be really mad if I got six incorrect orders, especially given how quickly some things sell out. I would call customer service and ask to speak to a manager about it. I would also email and, at that number, probably contact via snail mail. That sounds pretty inexcusable to me.