Respected Contributor

Is chili pepper a brown/brick shade of red? I look best in true red but probably could pull it off. Looking for something to wear with the skirt I got on sale that has the feather print. Wore it today to the dentist and the endodontist said it looked like a beautiful Japanese print. She's Japanese. First time I wore it. I could get black and be safe and also have a top for my short black boho.

Trusted Contributor

My pet peeve is the crazy names for colors - you can never tell exactly what the color is by the name or even the pictures. Chili pepper could be anything from a bright red to a brownish red. Sorry I just had to vent I don't have an actual answer to your question.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a WK sweater in Chili Pepper and I also have no idea what shade of red it is. I'm not a "red person", but I do have a lot of navy pants and jackets and thought I could use red. I'm hoping it isn't a brown/red. It may be here today so I will post. I also ordered the red jacket/blazer. It's the same jacket that now comes in pewter. I thought my wardrobe could use some brightening--as could I. I'm sure the Chili Pepper sweater will not match the jacket, but I guess that will be okay. I also hate (for all brands) when they say "this is the peach--but it is really more pink." I wonder how many returns they get from color names that are not descriptive. Also many times the hosts say "this is the blue" and then change to another one being the blue and the former item being aqua.

Valued Contributor

I don't have Chili Pepper but appears to me to be more of a neutral red from the pictures (maybe with a bit of coolness). Hope someone that has it can answer better.

Frequent Contributor

I just received the chili pepper wk short sleeve button front sweater and it's more of a warm red, but definitely not brown red or brick red. It's a very rich and saturated color. It really is a beautiful color. I have the turquoise mosaic skirt from a couple years ago and it looks nice with that since there is some red in the skirt. Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

Check on Louis' blog...there is a great photo of the Chili Pepper ponte seamed jacket. A deep, lucious red. I buy everything he has in this color. Looks great with navy, brown, black and compliments my turquoise native american jewelry.

Love!

Respected Contributor

I think I recall Louis saying the red in the feather print skirt is that chili pepper red.

Honored Contributor

The color of the chili pepper on Louis' blog is as depicted when you have it home.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Chili Pepper is perfect with the Feather Print Skirt in Black/Grey and it is definitely a Brown Red.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor
I have the chili pepper WK scoop neck top. In fact, I'm wearing it right now for the first time. My coloring is "a winter" this looks very nice on me. It's an unusual color, a warm red but the color is so saturated and appears to have some black under tones it's not orange, or brick or brownish. It's truly the rich deep color of drying Mexican chili peppers. To me, It has some dark yellow undertones, but the red is so deep--it is warm/deep red you see. It reminds me of a really good Bloody Mary with lots of spices --the kind you get at a great resort.