Respected Contributor

The Linea Jewelry Piece(s) That Got Away?

I've been building my Linea jewelry wardrobe and I now have 19 necklaces, 3 earrings and 2 cuffs. But there are pieces that I passed up which I thought I'd get later only for them to not be reordered. Specifically, the multi Curb Link Chain Necklace and 2 of the pearl and gold necklaces (one had some clear bead stations). Maybe we should start discussing those pieces we missed and make a request to have them reordered. What Linea jewelry piece(s) did you pass up or miss out on that you wish you could order?
"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

Re: The Linea Jewelry Piece(s) That Got Away?

72"" faceted bead necklace in jet black! J-284043. Can't believe I didn't order early when I could!
Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2014 helping said: 72" faceted bead necklace in jet black! J-284043. Can't believe I didn't order early when I could!

helping don't know if it will help you, but 1928 jewelry company has a very nice 32" length glass opera length black beaded necklace which I own and love to wear as its the right length for me.

Black Beauty Glass Opera Beaded Necklace

Earrings version one to coordinate

Earrings version two to coordinate

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I think that might come back....I'd like to get that one, too!
"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, JustJazzMom. I like the extra long 72" length, but I appreciate your suggestion.
Trusted Contributor

I have been very careful to order all the jewelry ever since they put the original pearls on clearance. It's extremely rare to see them show up on ebay, too.

I have everything that I've wanted, but there are some things that I might have ordered in multiples if they had been around when I was ready to order them.

Those original white pearls with the fluted stations and the one with AB beads are gorgeous. I'm sure there are a ton of new Linea shoppers who would scoop those up if they appeared.

Regular Contributor

On 1/20/2014 crdlb said:

I have been very careful to order all the jewelry ever since they put the original pearls on clearance. It's extremely rare to see them show up on ebay, too.

I have everything that I've wanted, but there are some things that I might have ordered in multiples if they had been around when I was ready to order them.

Those original white pearls with the fluted stations and the one with AB beads are gorgeous. I'm sure there are a ton of new Linea shoppers who would scoop those up if they appeared.

Those pearl necklaces!

J156413 $80, 52" long, has one size baroque pearls with cone shaped, finely ribbed stations, small gold spacer discs with diamond cut edges and a larger baroque pearl between the set of 2 cone and disc stations. So there are pearls, then a cone, a disc, a larger pearl, a disc, a cone and then the pearls again. I have often shown my vintage AK necklace on my shows that this was inspired from.

J156414- 31 inches long. These are baroque pearls of different sizes with quite large ones in the front. It also has some spacer faceted crystal beads with a slight aurora borealis finish

J156415 -
72 inch pearl necklace. This has the smallest size pearls and there are finely ribbed gold ball beads [ to coordinate with the cone shaped beads], scattered throughout the necklace. Needless to say, this can easily be doubled.

J153876 36", Louis' pic here

J153877 LQ priced for $21!! 45", Louis' pic here

J153878 LQ priced for $24!! 51"; here and here are pics of those and others, so that you can see the lengths, worn with J153875.

They went to LQ pricing, and sold out in a flash. I bought almost all of them, but I'm still kicking myself because I returned the 45" necklace because a little bit of the stringing material showed at the clasp. For the price I paid ($21!), I could have had them restrung. Wait while I kick myself one more time...

The quality of these is unmatched. I even bought a vintage AK version on ebay, and the quality of the Linea version is better.

Frequent Contributor

I still lust for the gold necklace with the large gold balls.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/20/2014 gubby1 said:

I still lust for the gold necklace with the large gold balls.

And while that is being reordered, I'd love a matte silver ball version of that necklace.

Honored Contributor

Ah, Sheesh, thank you for kicking off this mini-campaign. I long for:

1. All the pearl necklaces except J156414, the luscious beauty that I fortunately grabbed on time.

2. The multi-strand goldtone curb link necklace.

3. The goldtone ball necklace.

When I first spotted all these Linea necklaces, I was new to QVC and the Linea line. I was not familiar with the wild and mysterious ways QVC went about stocking Linea. My thought was, "All right, I can't get this (fill in the blank) now, but it will be here in the future." I soon caught on. It isn't always available. And I soon learned, too, that a Linea admirer should look at Louis's blog to get a heads-up and order early.

If you are new to the Linea line, you must understand that everything is not always there. Sometimes when an item goes, it is gone for good. If you don't digest this, you will always be longing for one or the other of Louis's beautiful garments or pieces of jewelry.