Frequent Contributor

New male host with Mary Beth and Linda this morning

A new male host. I think that is great, especially during the fashion shows.

Super Contributor

Re: New male host with Mary Beth and Linda this morning

Some guys can do any type of shows ie., Bill Green on the other channel. It's believable that he's interested in the clothes and jewelry he's selling.
Super Contributor

Mary Beth mentioned that the new host Alberti was a guest before becoming a host. Anyone know what he sold on QVC?
Frequent Contributor

I wish they didn't let Dave James go. I think he was a wonderful host. I think Bill Green at HSN is one of the best male hosts around.

Esteemed Contributor

Was Mary Beth serious about the clothes (dress,hose,boots) she had on this morning?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

On 2/26/2014 DustyPink said:

I wish they didn't let Dave James go. I think he was a wonderful host. I think Bill Green at HSN is one of the best male hosts around.

WOW! Goes to show you how little I watch QVC these days! I had no idea Dave James was gone!! When did that happen!? I feel badly for him. You could tell he really loved his job there. I thought he had a nice, calm way of presenting.

Gloria

Honored Contributor

I agree! He can sell bras to tools.
Trusted Contributor

On 2/26/2014 Love Roses said:

Was Mary Beth serious about the clothes (dress,hose,boots) she had on this morning?

I wasn't a fan of her outfit, either.

Respected Contributor

On 2/26/2014 Gloria said:

ITA. Dave James was the best host they've had since Paul Kelly - my favorite at the time. He gave great presentations, was so knowledgeable about jewelry, and IMHO never offended with any bad habits, happy dances, speed speak or perpetual use of certain phrases.

I have no idea why they allowed him to leave, but WHAT A MAJOR MISTAKE THAT WAS!!! AND THEY ARE REPLACING THE LIKES OF HIM WITH FOOD DUDES????? GOES TO SHOW HOW FAR DOWN THINGS HAVE DROPPED!

I don't think I'm going to spend a lot of time watching their new host. The appeal isn't there for me.

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2014 12andcounting said:
On 2/26/2014 Love Roses said:

I wasn't a fan of her outfit, either.

I liked it--and her hair. It was not the same old same old and yet she looked put together.