Esteemed Contributor

Some spandex in your tops please...

{#emotions_dlg.blink} Linda, Pass the word to the designer in this line. Please put some spandex in your T-shirts .. otherwise they shrink and lose there shape. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Not a good thing.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some spandex in your tops please...

I agree - some of them have it, but since a lot of people want all cotton, several lines seem to be going more in that direction. It seems that Isaac Mizrahi is now making most of his sweaters and t-shirts from 100% cotton, in which case I won't buy them any more. A mix of both types would be good.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Honored Contributor

You don't need a lot of spandex to help the all cotton tops hold their shape and fit better...I don't even look at LC t shirts because of the all-cotton factor; same for QF. I think the best is the 95/5% that most manufacturers use now; I think they now call the D&C tops with this a new name now like perfect jersey or something.

I find 100% sweaters, unless they are ribbed, don't hold their shapes at all and aren't even usable after one or two wearings.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Thank you, ladies.... Even one percent would make a difference. All cotton becomes out of shape and it shrinks after you wash it.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/15/2014 upsidedown said:

You don't need a lot of spandex to help the all cotton tops hold their shape and fit better...I don't even look at LC t shirts because of the all-cotton factor; same for QF. I think the best is the 95/5% that most manufacturers use now; I think they now call the D&C tops with this a new name now like perfect jersey or something.

I find 100% sweaters, unless they are ribbed, don't hold their shapes at all and aren't even usable after one or two wearings.

Yes, That is why I like the denim and co.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} tops...that is the best fabric for these tops 95/5! You are so right!

Esteemed Contributor

I have four of Liz C 100% cotton tee shirts that have not shrunk even a tiny bit. They've been washed and dried for a couple of years and they still look brand new. The cotton is very hefty and they are my favorite tee shirts. They are my go to's and I consider them extremely well made and comfortable. I don't think we can categorize 100% cotton into one lump. There are different weights and that makes a huge difference. LC are awesome.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Occasional Contributor

I agree. I know people love the 100% cotton, but for me they don't hold a shape on my body and they show the lumps and bumps so I don't look at tee shirts that are all cotton.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/16/2014 chosey said:

I agree. I know people love the 100% cotton, but for me they don't hold a shape on my body and they show the lumps and bumps so I don't look at tee shirts that are all cotton.

Yes, That is why I started this thread in the first place.. These cotton tops are not prima cotton so they do shrink and I am a size small so weight is not a issue with me. They are not the quality of Liz from years past... and I have stopped ordering them. Have a nice day all!

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/16/2014 chosey said:

And chosey they shrunk even when I did not put them in the dryer?.. And they became misshapen also that was weird to me.
{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

I've changed my mind on the LC 100% cotton. I don't know if they have a new supplier for fabric or what. My old SS and 3/4 sleeve T's barely shrank at all, I bought one size larger and have washed and dried them for years. My LS turtlenecks for this winter? I just measured the one I have washed against the one that is still in the bag. Four inch shrinkage in the sleeve and length. I bought these for warmth and the full length sleeves are barely 3/4 now. Totally unacceptable, they have lost a customer for their knits.