Occasional Contributor

Baked Elements vs Balance n' Brighten

What is the difference between the new Baked Elements and Balance n' Brighten? Is the coverage fuller or more sheer? By comparison, do the colors run lighter or darker? Is the texture on the skin heavier or lighter? Do they blend well into the skin, or sit more powdery-ish on top? Do they feel and perform the same?

Much appreciation in advance for your thoughts.

Respected Contributor

Re: Baked Elements vs Balance n' Brighten

I love the Baked Elements. I don't love the BnB. Since the BnB is marbled, the color tends to be inconsistent. Sometimes I was porcelain, sometimes fair, sometimes neither. I wear the porcelain in the Baked Elements and find that the color is a good match for me. It is warmer than other companies' porcelain, which is why I like it. It has buildable coverage, and for me, doesn't look cakey at all. I stopped using the Baked Elements last year because I was breaking out (but I don't think the Baked Elements caused it, just needed to change things up a bit.) I have two compacts of it, and wore it again the other day. Just proved how much I love it! I will start wearing it regularly again once my skin settles into some new skincare I'm using.

Honored Contributor

When I first tried B-n-B, I thought I liked it. Then I got a good close-up look at myself and WHOA! It accentuated my pores, looked cakey, and the coloring could look muddy. I REALLY like the Baked Elements. I can use it alone, over primer, for a quick makeup application, but I prefer using it as a setting powder over my BB/CC cream or plasma foundation. It's lighter and doesn't give that thick, cakey look. The Baked Elements compact is also what I carry in my purse. I have it on A/D so I don't run out.

Super Contributor

I haven't tried Baked Elements, but I really want to! I haven't bit the bullet yet because I'm not sure if Light or Fair would work better for my pink undertones (Fairly Medium in BE Original, & Fair in BnB).

I have liked BnB, but the compact color is too inconsistent, and I can't use it if there's a big yellow streak in it. I prefer BE over LG BnB, but still want to try Baked Elements.

Honored Contributor

I haven't tried the baked elements but the BnB was awful. Very powdery, colors really didn't match me well, accentuate even the tiniest of lines. If you want to try one, I'd recommend the baked first since it seems many people really like that one.

Respected Contributor

I would like to try the baked elements as well. and knowing the differences would be helpful. Right now, I am using bnb but I only use a light layer to even out my skintone and it works well for me in that respect. I don't know if it is a repurchase for me since the compacts are too inconsistent and if I needed heavier coverage, this would not work well, however for how I use it, it works for me. But, will be moving on when I am finished with this one.

Edited to say: I love the ease of use with these foundations.

Occasional Contributor

I use B&B in fair and baked elements in fair. I like both. If you only use it to lightly cover and even skin tone it is great. I think it seems like a lighter cover, but looks good on skin. It is a different color, but goes on and seems to match my color just as B&B. I like both, but just use a little of either and the concealers etc...I am 59 and light with brown hair and blue eyes and very dry skin.