Valued Contributor
wow... atatooed make up model. thats a first?
Valued Contributor

Re: tatoos on a makeup model

Awesomeness!

Esteemed Contributor

Where was her tattoo?

Trusted Contributor

It is far from the first. They usually just wear DERMABLEND over them.

Respected Contributor

I've never seen a tattoo that I thought enhanced the person sporting it. So it wouldn't tempt me to buy a cosmetic brand that used models with tattoos to present their wares.

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Perkup said:

I've never seen a tattoo that I thought enhanced the person sporting it. So it wouldn't tempt me to buy a cosmetic brand that used models with tattoos to present their wares.

Agree 100 percent.

Super Contributor

OP, where was the tattoo on the model???

Fun fact---Part of a MAC cosmetics make-up consultant's training is to learn how to completely cover a tattoo. In order to 'pass' the final training portion, they are given a model with a large tattoo to cover successfully. I've actually seen this done with flawless results. It's more difficult than you would imagine, especially with a deeply saturated and larger tattoo.

Honored Contributor

With more and more women opting for tattoos, it's no wonder models are showing theirs.

When I was young, tattoos were considered trashy; in much of our culture I don't think that's automatically true. Still, I've never set foot inside the tattoo parlor I can walk to from my apartment. Just not me.

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Perkup said:

What does one have to do with the other? The only thing that convinces me to buy a makeup brand is if I like the actual makeup itself and I think it would work performance wise for me.

And if it's the tattoo I saw on a model recently, it was tiny anyway.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Perkup said:

The tattoo doesn't come with the beauty product and has no bearing on my decisions.