Super Contributor

Laura Geller's Mattifying Spackle - I'm loving it! Anyone else?

I got this at Ulta and I've never seen it presented on QVC and didn't know it existed. It's not wet like her other speckles. It has a slight matte beige tint. I'm very fair and oily in my T zone and my cheeks also get shiny during the day. This is so smooth and is not drying. The beige color doesn't show up but I it does even out my skin tone a bit. My skin looks very smooth, and my skin tone is very even after I apply this.

I'm really happy with this. I wish they would present it so others would enjoy it, too! Then we might get a super size.

Respected Contributor

Re: Laura Geller's Mattifying Spackle - I'm loving it! Anyone else?

Hi Jayro ~ This sounds interesting. I too wish that the Q would put this in their lineup. My nearest ULTA is a 50+ round trip, and we have no Sephora. I like that you said it was Matte.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

Hi Mistic,

I've always had trouble getting my face moisturized enough and then mattifiying it out. I don't like a shiny dewey face - I like a matte face. But I hate to feel dry and tight. Seems like the mattifying products that work make my face too dry during the day.

So with this product, I've been using my Mad Hippie Vit C serum first, then WHINE so I'm moisturized for the workday. Then I add Laura's mattifying spackle. I'm still moist and don't feel tight or dry. But my skin is smoothed by the product and the tone. I'm really amazed at the slight beige tint as to how well it actually adds an evening tone effect.

If you've ever used Clinique's pore minimizer or something like that, you know those products are a dry, thick product that smooth over and fill in pores. This product is kind of like those in consistency but thinner than those, so it smooths easily over your entire face. It seems to just disappear, but you can see the smoothing effect very well.

You know how all of Laura's speckles no matter if you have hydrating, neutralizing, champagne, etc., - they are all very wet feeling when you put them on. This is a totally different product - not at all wet. So it's not going to add any moisture to your face. You're going to have to moisturize first if you need moisture.

Super Contributor

One more thing, the beige color is totally cool or neutral. There is no yellow or orange in it at all. I love that.

Respected Contributor

On 2/14/2015 Jayro said:

If you've ever used Clinique's pore minimizer or something like that, you know those products are a dry, thick product that smooth over and fill in pores. This product is kind of like those in consistency but thinner than those, so it smooths easily over your entire face. It seems to just disappear, but you can see the smoothing effect very well.

When I read your post, I thought this sounded a lot like the Clinique pore minimizer, which I do like, but you're right, that is a bit thick. This sounds like a nice product. I hope QVC does offer it soon as I get to Ulta infrequently, unless I get it from their website.

Super Contributor

I just checked out the ingredients listed on the Ulta site and I'm excited that this formula does not contain aloe. I'm allergic and all of the other spackle formulas contain aloe so I've never been able to use them but now I can. Thanks for posting.

Super Contributor

I forgot to mention this - I have a large pore nose that I cover each day with Clinique Pore refining slurry stuff. I've been using that as a base on my nose only to smooth over the big pores that used to have blackheads in them.

This Laura Geller Mattifying primer is actually better at doing that. It's thinner and goes on easier. The Clinique tube lasts forever, but it starts drying out after a few months and thickens up some, so it's harder to get a smooth finish with it. Laura's is thinner and so smooth that it covers well and gives such a smooth finish.

I just can't say enough about this product. I hope someone else can enjoy it too.

Respected Contributor

I really want to try this. Looks like I will have to make an ULTA or SEPHORA order. Which place is best ladies? THANK YOU!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Mistic -- Sephora doesn't carry Laura Geller. You have to get it from Ulta.

Super Contributor

Thank you to everyone for this thread and posts: I am very eager to check out this product!