Super Contributor
How does the B & B compared to IT's Celebration Foundation? Does the talc in the B&B make you break out and is it drying or hydrating? Is it a medium or full coverage? Sorry for so many questions, TIA!
Esteemed Contributor

I can't tell you whether or not Balance-N-Brighten has talc in it, but I think it gives a better finish than IT's Celebration. For starters, Balance-N-Brighten is more versatile with one's coloring because of it being a multi-colored powder. You can adjust make the coverage of either brand fuller by brushing on more product or applying the powder with a sponge where you want more coverage.

As for drying, hydrating, break-outs, you have to bear in mind that cosmetic reactions vary from person to person. What effects you negatively could be marvelous for me. I personally have no issue with either Balance or Celebration. I would say both are pretty gentle to the complexion.

Honored Contributor

I prefer B and B. I looked at the Celebration foundation in Ulta, and it looked really cakey on my skin. I couldn't find a good color match either.

I only need light to medium coverage, so B and B is good for me. I do put it on with the IT buki brushes, which I love. I don't break out or have any skin issues.

This might totally be different for you...

Respected Contributor

I've used B & B for years with no problems. I would call it light to medium coverage. It doesn't dry me out, but I always use a moisturizer anyway.

IT's Celebration Foundation sure didn't cover for me like it appears to cover for Jamie Kern, and I have way fewer issues with my skin than she does! That said, the coverage for me was similar to B & B, and had a nice finish. But--several hours later, the foundation had separated on my skin. Looked like just little patches of powder everywhere.

Esteemed Contributor
On 12/12/2014 vermint said:

I've used B & B for years with no problems. I would call it light to medium coverage. It doesn't dry me out, but I always use a moisturizer anyway.

IT's Celebration Foundation sure didn't cover for me like it appears to cover for Jamie Kern, and I have way fewer issues with my skin than she does! That said, the coverage for me was similar to B & B, and had a nice finish. But--several hours later, the foundation had separated on my skin. Looked like just little patches of powder everywhere.

Same here, I've tried celebration foundation a few times and it just doesn't cut it!! I think the shades available might not work for my skin tone (medium with yellow undertones) as well. B and B medium is perfect and just the right coverage!

Honored Contributor

I dont like B and B, makes me look muddy and blotchy.

Valued Contributor

As the poster above mentioned, your skin's reaction to any product is a very personal thing. I tried B and B long ago and my skin became instantly red and shiny, and I developed several welts on my cheeks. It was truly awful. I realized that the product must contain some ingredient(s) that my skin didn't like. Sure enough, it has talc and mica -- two ingredients that my skin reacts to very badly. My dermatologist told me, by the way, that talc and mica are considered two of the most common allergens in cosmetics -- meaning many, many people's skin react poorly to either or both. I now just read labels and steer clear of both ingredients in cosmetics and skincare so my skin remains calm and happy!

Respected Contributor

I tried the Balance and Brighten and it looked terrible on me. It looked muddy or dirty is the only way I can explain it. I love the IT Celebration foundation. I have been using it for about a year. It lasts a long time, still on my first compact, but I don't wear foundation every day. Comes with a great brush also.

Regular Contributor

I love Laura's cosmetics. I use 100%, certified organic, coconut oil as a moisturizer, followed by the Neutralizer Spackle. Both the Bronze-N-Brighten and the Balance-N-Brighten work well for me. No blotchy skin ever...except for the time I had to travel overnight suddenly, and I forgot the Spackle! I will say, for me, the secret is the Spackle! I have not tried the Celebration Foundation, but the first three ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, and Zinc Oxide tell me that this would be too drying for me. I cannot use powdered zinc in that concentration on my face! Yikes!

Respected Contributor

I have both, I prefer BnB over the IT foundation for some reason. I wear it every day. The IT has nice fair colors, though. It does seem a bit more drying.