Contributor

Love Laura Geller products but one caveat

I have lots of her products and for the most part, I love them all. There is one thing that drives me crazy, however, and that is almost every single packaging has broken at the hinges. Why can't her manufacturers reinforce them so they don't break! I do not think I am excessively hard on them and knowing this is an issue, I try to be careful to prevent this. I will continue to make purchases but I really wish they would address this issue.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love Laura Geller products but one caveat

Gee I've never had a problem and I've used up about 6 of the Blush & Brightener right down to the bare plastic bottom over the years. Use it daily - sometimes twice and no issue with me.

Honored Contributor

That is a shame, I would hate when the lid is not attached...but I also have every LG under the planet and have used them for years....never broke at home, in my purse or traveling.

Are you under warranty/30 days that you could exchange the defective product?

Valued Contributor

I have never had that happen either and have used B & B for about 5 yrs, I did try the IT celebration illumination foundation and the lid broke the first week. Maybe just a glich.

Frequent Contributor

Just watched the show and was hoping for a deal or two. I don't really consider $1.5 to $2 off a deal, so didn't buy anything this time around.

I, too, have never had a problem with the packaging. And I've used the products for 3-4 years now.

Super Contributor

Conbrad - I have had the same problem. My favorite blush compact came apart at the hinge in the first month. As much as I liked the blush, I hated dealing with it on a daily basis and eventually chucked it Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

When they break, I use that one at home or keep it in my office for touch ups. I'll carry a differnt compact in my bag! It's happened once or twice over the years. I always keep them in a makeup bag in my pocketbook, though- they last longer and the bag lining is protected.

Regular Contributor

I have never had an issue with any of the packaging, but I do not carry my make up with me. The only thing I ever take with me is lipstick. If I'm traveling, I take the travel sizes and the tube (as opposed to the 4 oz. dispenser) of Neutralizer Spackle. I did have a shipping issue with the Baked Innovations set breaking, but QVC customer service handled it immediately.

Valued Contributor

Weird. I must have 30 of her compacts. Some I've had for years and I've never had one break.
Honored Contributor

None of mine have broken either. I don't carry them in my purse. They're in the drawer of my vanity.

I have had compacts break before, and it's a pain.