Respected Contributor

How is it possible to buy Laura Geller baked when every compact is different?

I went to Ulta and there was display of LG bronze and brighten. I tried the tester but did not buy. I kind of liked it so went back the next day and picked up the only one they had left to buy. I opened it and compared it to the tester and it was completely different. The tester had almost no pink in it and the one to buy had tons of pink. So.... how do you keep buying these products when no two is alike? I bought the one they had since I could return if I did not like it. However, it definitely has too much pink for me. It just seems crazy to me that you buy a product that is a different color every time you buy.

Respected Contributor

Re: How is it possible to buy Laura Geller baked when every compact is different?

Hi Chiclet ~ Just wondering if the tester was the Regular Bronze & Brighten, and the one you purchased was the Fair B & B? The Fair does have a lot more pink in it.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How is it possible to buy Laura Geller baked when every compact is different?

hi chiclet,

Watched LG on Q for years because she taught so much about makeup and is very enjoyable. One day on the forum someone posted about a sale on LG"S site. I bought a medium kit and the stuff was amazing, nothing at all like any other powder or mineral makeup ever.

Love her highlighter, it gives the JLO glo, full face makeup in seconds. It is a super forgiving line. I say jump in and try it. I will be a returning customer and not worry about same colors.

Valued Contributor

I try to buy Bronze and Brighten in person for this reason. She had a 50% off sale recently and I just had to take the chance since it was a great buy. Luckily I got a nice one with lots of pink which I need. I agree that fair has more pink, which I am. If you want less pink try the split pan called Balance and bronze. It's half foundation half bronzer.
Respected Contributor

I opened the one that I bought to compare to the tester and they were both fair but so completely different. I asked the sales person to see if they had anymore in stock so I could find one with less pink but that was the only one they had. I will return and try to find a different one. I could see how you could buy one and luck out but how would you ever be able to go back and get the same thing since they are all different. Just seems crazy to me...

Respected Contributor

I've been thru several Bronze-n-brightens and even more Balance-n-brightens (all bought here or at LG's site), and can honestly say that no matter what they look like, once swirled together and applied, my skin looks the same as it did with the previous compact.

Valued Contributor

I do agree with Vermint. Even though the compacts look like different colors, once swirled together and applied, the product does deliver a consistent look on the skin.
Regular Contributor

I agree that the swirled product is very consistent. I love the Bronze-N-Brighten for a foundation and the Balance-N-Brighten as an under eye concealer.

Super Contributor

I stopped using this because the compacts were NOT consistent, some were too brown and muddy looking (all were Balance n Brighten Fair). I haven't tried her foundation without the swirls.

Super Contributor

My first BnB in Fair was a really good match for my skin tone (I have pink undertones). Then I bought one in a kit that had way too much yellow in it, I finally ended up throwing it away after I kept trying to make it work over the years, it was just so yellow. So now I am afraid to buy BnB again unless I see it in person, and I'd much rather buy it in a kit so it's a better value than on it's own.