Respected Contributor

No SPF In Her New Moisturizer?

Why bother making a moisturizer with no SPF this doesn't even make sense. Unless you now have to put on a sun screen over the moisturizer. Way to many products to put on your face in my opinion.

Regular Contributor

Re: No SPF In Her New Moisturizer?

Due to the recent findings/debates regarding SPF products, maybe Laura didn't wish to get involved. I love Laura's cosmetics. I tried one of her skincare products, and I was not impressed. I use extra virgin, 100%, non-processed coconut oil as my only moisturizer now. It has a natural SPF of 10. I find Laura's Neutralizer Spackle over the coconut oil for daytime is perfect. I use Balance-N-Brighten as an under eye concealer and Bronze-N-Brighten (fair or medium, depending on the season) as my "foundation." Laura's cosmetics are the best for my skin; I'm very pleased with these products. Her skin"care"...not so much.

Honored Contributor

Maybe some people prefer to have a moisturizer without SPF so that they can use it at night?

As for any debates regarding SPF products, the bottom line is that I will always wear a good sunscreen. My derm -- and I'd wager 99 percent of derms -- stress it above all else for preventing premature aging and for preventing various skin cancers and other skin problems.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Some people are allergic to sunscreen. They get tired of every skin product under the sun having sunscreen in it.

I understand the need for sunscreen when I am going to be out in the sun for 30 minutes or more. The use of it on days when I simply walk from my car into work and back to my car in the afternoon is silly and not necessary. I know that many believe that you need to put it on every single day in case you walk by a window or something, but to me that is overkill.

Honored Contributor

I prefer a separate moisturizer and sunscreen. I use the Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer that has SPF 30, but I use that as my sunscreen and usually over an oil or moisturizer because it doesn't provide enough moisture for my dry skin. Other moisturizes with sunscreen usually don't have enough SPF so I need another sunscreen anyway.

Respected Contributor

On 6/30/2014 kcubed said:

Some people are allergic to sunscreen. They get tired of every skin product under the sun having sunscreen in it.

I understand the need for sunscreen when I am going to be out in the sun for 30 minutes or more. The use of it on days when I simply walk from my car into work and back to my car in the afternoon is silly and not necessary. I know that many believe that you need to put it on every single day in case you walk by a window or something, but to me that is overkill.

ITA with everything you said! My CC cream has SPF 15, but that matters not to me at all...I simply use it because I like it. I don't think every.single.product you put on your face needs to have sunscreen in it! Plus, don't most of them last for only about 2 hours anyway?

Honored Contributor

On 6/30/2014 kcubed said:

As strident as I am about using sunscreen, I do agree with you -- barring, of course, those who suffer from certain conditions that make it necessary for them to be totally protected all the time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland