Super Contributor

Question on Laura new cc optics powder?

hi beauties! What is the difference between Laura GELLER baked balance n brighten vs the new cc optics powder on her show on June 8 ? Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Question on Laura new cc optics powder?

The CC Optics is a finishing powder. I ordered and am hoping that it works for dry skin. She mentioned several times that it absorbs oil which I don't have. I sent her a message on Facebook and she answered me telling me what the different colors will do for the skin. She did not address if people with dry skin would find this powder beneficial. Anxious to see how this will work.

Honored Contributor

She does repeat many times that it is oil absorbing powder.

Super Contributor

I ordered it too. I do have slightly oily skin so I hope it works as well as she says it does. I also like the idea of just using it over the spackle on days I don't put on my B&B. Time will tell. IF I don't like it back it goes.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/10/2014 Tricolor said:

The CC Optics is a finishing powder. I ordered and am hoping that it works for dry skin. She mentioned several times that it absorbs oil which I don't have. I sent her a message on Facebook and she answered me telling me what the different colors will do for the skin. She did not address if people with dry skin would find this powder beneficial. Anxious to see how this will work.

I don't have oily skin either and ordered it. This powder sets your makeup and does other things according to the video. I'm planning on just using it over my primer like she demonstrated it on weekends when I'm just out running errands. Should work fine for me.
Respected Contributor

On 6/14/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

I don't have oily skin either and ordered it. This powder sets your makeup and does other things according to the video. I'm planning on just using it over my primer like she demonstrated it on weekends when I'm just out running errands. Should work fine for me.

Thank you, Bling. Mine should be coming on Monday so will post my review.

Esteemed Contributor

I received mine yesterday and like it as a finishing powder (over LG Take-Cover foundation). No build up when re-touching; like that for summer. I have combo over 60 skin with pink undertones.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/14/2014 Tricolor said:
On 6/14/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

Thank you, Bling. Mine should be coming on Monday so will post my review.

Hi Tricolor. Mine is still in process. I'll be looking forward to your review. Thanks!
Respected Contributor

My powder just came this morning and did a quick once over and love it! Since my skin is dry I was so hesitant to give this a try. It is very light and feels like nothing on my face. The brush is also a very nice, sturdy tool. It did not settle in my lines either. Oh who has lines at 64 years of age! Definitely glad that I made the purchase.

Super Contributor

I must be the only one that doesn't care for it. First of all the compact is pretty empty compared to how full her B&B is. So that surprised me. I don't think it would last very long before needing to buy another. Then I noticed since it is a powder as you swipe the brush over it a lot of the powder falls into the edges of the container. It did seem to take the shine away but I don't know about any color correcting properties. I tried it on the back of my hand besides my face to test it and didn't see any change at all. I love Laura's products and use many of them on a regular basis but this item I am sending back.