Super Contributor

Laura Geller products geared towards younger women?

I notice her models are all 40 and under. Probably since most of her products have so much glitter/ gleam and such in them. I can not wear most of her products anymore. I do like her Spackle primer. But, I find her powders tend to dry out my skin and make fine lines more noticeable. Perhaps that is why her models all are quite young with smoother skin.

Super Contributor

Re: Laura Geller products geared towards younger women?

I have tried the foundation and I can't wear anyone powder foundation. My skin is a little dry and powder is not for me. Wish I could wear it.
Honored Contributor

Honestly, even on some of the younger models, it accentuated the fine lines some of them have under their eyes. The before pictures look better. The concealer demo was not a good one in terms of creasing and accentuating lines. And I don't know if anyone saw the lipstick demo last night with that model that applied it and it was all outside her lips and looked awful! They were trying to say you can apply it easily without a mirror but the model obviously needed a mirror because she couldn't stay within the (lip) lines!

Anyway, I love watching Laura because she is enthusiastic and funny but I haven't had much luck with her products and I am "younger".

Contributor

I think it must be an individual thing, not an age issue. I am 67 and absolutely love so many of Laura's products. I do not have dry skin so that may be a factor. Love her spackle, Balance N Brighten, eyebrow markers, eyeshadows, blushes. I will continue to buy as her prices are decent and they last a long time.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with mamette that makeup is a very individual thing, based on many conditions and preferences of ones skin and likes/dislikes. I'm 62, but LG's spackle and foundation do not work on my oily skin (basically the same as when I was a teenager!), but I love her blushes, eye shadows, and eye rimz.

Super Contributor

The fluorescent pint lip color in the TS is really quite.... something!

Honored Contributor

JMHO, many of the makeup products sold on the Q are geared towards "younger" women!

Regular Contributor

On 5/23/2014 gazelle77 said:

The fluorescent pint lip color in the TS is really quite.... something!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Yep, that lip color is a deal breaker for me. I'd look ridiculous.
Esteemed Contributor

I am in my early 60's with combo skin. I love the LG Balance N Brighten (fair) as a setting powder, Take Cover foundation, her Bora Bora baked blush, and her I-care pencil in brown.

I use Josie Maran's argan oil every AM, let that soak in, and put a dab of Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream on and the BB Artstick in Rose Brown, and a swooosh of JM's argan lip gloss.

If I was locked in the QVC studio overnight, I could do my whole face while waiting for rescue!! It would be nice if David Venable left some of those tasty snacks behind too. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 5/23/2014 HappyDaze said:

Honestly, even on some of the younger models, it accentuated the fine lines some of them have under their eyes. The before pictures look better. The concealer demo was not a good one in terms of creasing and accentuating lines. And I don't know if anyone saw the lipstick demo last night with that model that applied it and it was all outside her lips and looked awful! They were trying to say you can apply it easily without a mirror but the model obviously needed a mirror because she couldn't stay within the (lip) lines!

Anyway, I love watching Laura because she is enthusiastic and funny but I haven't had much luck with her products and I am "younger".

I was wondering whether anyone else notice the two things you mention in particular. I was just watching the presentation of the concealer, and LG applied the light shade on a model whose name escapes me. Granted, she didn't blend it well at all, but man, it accentuated the fine lines.

And I just checked out the video on the lip brilliance or whatever that trio is called. The model was beginning to look a bit like Bette Davis in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"

As for age, though, no, I don't think her products are especially geared toward younger women, and I don't think that's true of most, if not all, of the brands on QVC. I don't think there are any particular edgy cosmetic lines here. It's just that the older we get, the more careful and selective we have to be, regardless of brand.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland