Trusted Contributor

Problems with baked products!

The last two baked items I've ordered from LG have arrived in pieces - one was from the Q, a new brow product, and one was direct from LG - a blush. Anyone have the same problem? It's surprising because they are well packaged, it's as if they were damaged before they were shipped.
Respected Contributor

Re: Problems with baked products!

I haven't ordered LG for a while but I had a BIG bronze & brighten arrive in pieces and a Balance and Brighten. Then I got a TSV once and the blush was in pieces when I got it. QVC was good with them all and replaced them.

Honored Contributor

I've been ordering Baked products for a long time and never had that problem. Both places will replace them. Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

I received a broken LG blush from beauty.com one time. It was a free gift with purchase and when I called they didn't have anymore so they gave me a $10 credit. I've ordered several times from LG and the last order had a broken blush. I emailed them and was told to take a picture of it to email them back and they would replace it. I did not have to mail the damaged product back which was nice, and I received the new blush in a timely manner. Think these are rather fragile and even if packed properly all the handling and possibly rough treatment in shipment can cause them to break.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/21/2014 soonersis said:

I received a broken LG blush from beauty.com one time. It was a free gift with purchase and when I called they didn't have anymore so they gave me a $10 credit. I've ordered several times from LG and the last order had a broken blush. I emailed them and was told to take a picture of it to email them back and they would replace it. I did not have to mail the damaged product back which was nice, and I received the new blush in a timely manner. Think these are rather fragile and even if packed properly all the handling and possibly rough treatment in shipment can cause them to break.

I called Laura Gellar CS and they couldn't have been nicer! They are sending a replacement, no questions asked, not necessary to send the broken one back, no pictures necessary! The Q is doing the same. When so many things these days are a hassle, how refreshing!
Regular Contributor

Laura mentioned this problem if you dropped your blush or B&B you can still use the product...Ive used her products for years and if you notice after you use the baked product you will have some at the edge of the mirror or near the pan all you do is use your brush and its still good product.Some one called while she was on qvc and she explained you can still use the product...if its eye shadow just moisten your brush and its just as good.....

Super Contributor

I received a baked product from another company, and it too arrived broken. It was replaced, no questions asked. I believe the fragility is just the nature of baked products. If companies are willing to replace them so readily, it must be common.

Trusted Contributor

I have had a couple eye shadows and a blush come completely out of the compact. I used a little glue to secure it back in. I've also had a couple blushes crack, but not fall out. i really love the super size compact with balance and brighten on one side and the bronzer on the other. But Laura said in a show, that they can't make the split ones anymore because they are just too fragile and ended up not being able to sell all. So I guess the process that makes the product so nice, is also what makes it so difficult. At least the CS is good. I met Laura a couple of times and she could not be more gracious and appreciative of her customers. She totally gets that people can spend their money anywhere and she tries to deliver good products. Like everybody, I buy all kinds of products and brands but in general, I've always been happy with her products. I really love the eye rimz. And the medium balance and brighten is my summer foundation.....
Super Contributor

I guess I'm lucky, I haven't had one arrive broken. However, I have had them come out after I rec'd and I keep some super glue for that purpose and then it stays secure. I had an unfortunate experience dropping my Tahitian glow and it broke in so many pieces it could not be salvaged and I had to buy a new one. It was still pretty full when it happened so I wasn't happy but it was far past the thirty days and I dropped it on my hard floor so I was out of luck on that. Usually I stay pretty close to the counter with my makeup so if I drop it, it doesn't go too far, but I was doing my legs w/ the Tahitian and it was a pretty good drop. I liked it well enough to buy a new one (I'm on my third now); it does well covering any self-tanning mishaps around my ankles and feet!!!!