Honored Contributor

I had kept LG products for awhile and I'm trying to use up things before replacing them. I forgot how great the colors work of hers, on my face. I just may go back to her products for myself. The search may be over. It was easier and less expensive to get things locally, but you get what you pay for and some things, are more worth it for yourself.

Regular Contributor

Re: Going back to Laura Geller

I have tried and tried to love Laura's products, but I've given up; specifically, her foundation. I've tried medium, fair, and porcelain. Medium and fair are too yellow and porcelain is too light/white on my skin. I loved the concept of B&B, but it just didn't work on me. I have a few other products (bronze and brighten and a blush) which will last me a lifetime. They are so highly pigmented that I only have to touch a brush to them and it's enough for an application. I have her Honey Glow body "bronzer" which, as a fair skinned gal, I love more than Tahitian Glow. To me, her products are of good quality.

I think Laura comes across as a great, down-to-earth person, but I've given up on her line for face makeup. You might sign up at her website to receive emails. She has great sales on her website and shipping offers that far exceed anything offered on the Q.

Respected Contributor

I recently decided to give LG another try too. I tried a LG TSV kit a couple years ago which included the Balance N Brighten and didn't like it on me. I did like the blush in that kit and still use it. Recently I decided to try the Balance N Bronze in Fair (since it got so many 5 star reviews) and I really like it. I have pink undertones and it's not too yellow for me.

Honored Contributor

Sunny (I used to love that song in the 60's, if you know it), I'll definitely check her web site out, thanks so much for the head's up!

Contributor

On 2/22/2014 SunnyinSEPA said:

I have tried and tried to love Laura's products, but I've given up; specifically, her foundation. I've tried medium, fair, and porcelain. Medium and fair are too yellow and porcelain is too light/white on my skin. I loved the concept of B&B, but it just didn't work on me. I have a few other products (bronze and brighten and a blush) which will last me a lifetime. They are so highly pigmented that I only have to touch a brush to them and it's enough for an application.

I had that same problem with the B&B. I can wear fair only in the summer if I've been outside a lot, and living in MN that is barely any time at all. The porcelain just gave me a sickly white cast to my skin. In the pan it looked perfect, but just did not work when on. Also, the differences in color pigments from one compact to another really got to me. I usually wear fair in BE loose (porcelain with pink undertones) and the B&B tended to have too much yellow or dark pigments from one compact to another. I really want consistency.

I think LG blushes are my favorite of all her products. I love how versatile they are (cheeks or eyes) and the colors are very flattering and stay true through the day. I also like her I-care eyeliners. I do not have oily skin and they last all day for me.

Definitely sign up for emails from her website. I get sale notices frequently from here. She is also on HauteLook occasionally.