Honored Contributor

Anyone who does NOT like B&B try the Baked Elements foundation?

If so, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

I like the ingredients in the new baked elements foundation better but still not sure if I should bother trying it since I didn't like the B&B.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone who does NOT like B&B try the Baked Elements foundation?

What kind of coverage do you like, HD? I've used both. The B-n-B is a creamier product (even though it's dry) and gives a bit more coverage. The Baked Elements has a little illumination in it, but not real shimmery by any means, and still gives a matte finish. It makes my skin look natural, but even. The coverage is lighter than with the B-n-B.

I know I probably sound wishy-washy, but....I was using B-n-B and decided to try IT Celebration Foundation. I liked it and had used it for several months (I know you don't like that one). Even so, I still ordered the LF Baked Elements in the fall TSV-A/D. Then I was using both the LG BE and IT CF off and on, no rhyme or reason, for awhile and then kind of just stayed with the IT through winter. After watching Laura Geller the other night, my interest in Baked Elements was renewed. I pulled it out and wore it yesterday for the first time in a couple of months and my husband paid me a very nice compliment. That said, I'm going to keep using it.

Honored Contributor

I like light coverage. Mainly my goal is a more even skintone, covering up a little redness I sometimes get around my nose and a tiny bit on my chin. Due to being so fair/light, any bit of redness is more obvious on me. I don't really have anything I need to cover up so just looking for more eveness with a foundation, if that makes sense. I have a liquid I love but sometimes I like to use powder instead.

Does the baked elements work for drier skins? If I remember correctly, it seemed B&B looked cakey and seemed to cling to any dry areas. Do you think the baked elements would minimize a little redness?

Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2014 HappyDaze said:

I like light coverage. Mainly my goal is a more even skintone, covering up a little redness I sometimes get around my nose and a tiny bit on my chin. Due to being so fair/light, any bit of redness is more obvious on me. I don't really have anything I need to cover up so just looking for more eveness with a foundation, if that makes sense. I have a liquid I love but sometimes I like to use powder instead.

Does the baked elements work for drier skins? If I remember correctly, it seemed B&B looked cakey and seemed to cling to any dry areas. Do you think the baked elements would minimize a little redness?

I've been noticing a few broken capillaries on my chin and sides of nostrils lately. I'm not sure how they got there, but I've heard others say they got them from a Clarisonic so maybe that Pretika brush I was using had something to do with it, or maybe they're connected to the supplements I take - I really don't know.

Anyway, I use a primer and then a little concealer on those areas before applying foundation. The Baked Elements does a very nice job for me, providing that more even skintone. I just rechecked myself and 6 hrs. after I first applied my makeup this morning, everything still looks good. I don't notice any cakeyness, but I can see where that could be a common problem for dry skin and powdered makeup. I know you take care of your skin so it may not even be an issue for you. I realize you'd be out the shipping if you decide to send it back, but if I was that interested in something I'd just go ahead and give it a try. You know you won't really be able to make a determination on if it will be right for you, or not, until you do.

Frequent Contributor

I liked baked elements much better than the b&b. The baked seems to blend in better so that it is not noticable, i always felt like i could see the b&b and the color varied from compact to compact. I got the lightest color and it is a good match for me, i am super pale, cool undertones. The baked seems pretty neutral to me, not too pink or too yellow. I usually use liquid foundation very sparingly other than under my eyes and then use the baked elememts dusted over that, but sometimes i use it alone applied with the sponge. I think it does a good job of evening out my skin without being heavy. I have pretty oily skin so don't know how it would work on dry skin. Hope this helps and is legible, typing on my kindle is a challenge Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks JLF and stripyfax- I appreciate all your help! I will probably just give it a try and see what happens. If it doesn't work out, I need to just stop trying LG's foundations and her products in general I think. They just don't seem to work out for me. But, perhaps, this will be a one that does. Thanks again!

Contributor

I agree with stripyfax about the 2 foundations. I found B&B to either not be a good match or it had a chalky appearance on me. The Baked has a good color consistency and goes on like silk, and with good coverage.

Honored Contributor

thank you pbkong!

So one other question- do the colors in the baked elements run lighter or darker or similar to B&B? I am trying to decide between fair and porcelain.