Contributor

Spackle - Hydrating vs Supercharged

Has anyone tried the Supercharged Spackle? I ordered the Hydrating the other day without realizing there was also a supercharged. Sounds similar in benefits, but super would have more anti-aging ingredients while hydrating is focused on moisture.

I figure since Hydrating is "new" nobody has had a chance to review it.

I am looking forward to skipping the moisture step in my routine. Tired of waiting for things to dry before the next step. But I wonder if I should get supercharged if it is also moisture with added benefits.

Super Contributor

Re: Spackle - Hydrating vs Supercharged

Yes, I've been using it and like it. During the winter I use Smashbox's hydrating primer because LG didn't make one but now that she does when SB's is empty I'll get that one. I think the Supercharged contains more antiaging ingredients which I need.

Esteemed Contributor

I would never use either as a replacement for my moisturizer- the ingredient deck doesn't warrant it at all. (silicones, silicones and more silicones!)

Honored Contributor

Oh boy... Now there are two more I have to try!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I have used the Supercharged Spackle as well as Ethereal, Neutralizer & Regular Spackle. I did not find any of them to be very moisturizing. But out of the four I used, the one that felt the best was the Neutralizer Spackle. I did not care for the Supercharged Spackle at all. So I would suggest if your looking for moisturizing benefits I would try the new Hydrating Spackle. Have a great day.

Super Contributor

i also just ordered the regular hydrating new primer. First time user, so i don't know how it compares. Also I don't use foundation, but would use it under another day cream. No clue how that goes, but worth a try. Have very dry skin, and am 69. So, any other recommendations, ladies? My day cream is from Dr. Hauschka, a german very well respected company which I buy sometimes at WFM, sometimes on line, as it is cheaper.

Thanks.

Magenta

(Viewpoint)

Contributor

Got my Hydrating Spackle yesterday. It goes on nice and smooth with a thin consistency. Still has that cooling feel. I like it. It does not feel like a moisturizer, in fact feels like original spackle.
Esteemed Contributor

Spackle is my favorite primer, but I frankly don't see the need for the number of varieties Laura is producing. Regular and maybe a couple of the tinted versions (Bronze & Ethereal) are enough. For years she has made claims that her original Spackle contained skincare ingredients. Another thing is if Spackle is so moisturizing why as a color cosmetic company did she feel the need to jump into the moisturizing business with her new serum. I'm just saying. It sounds like she's making products just for the sake of making them and hoping customers bite at all these things performing the same task.

Regular Contributor

I have not tried the Hydrating Spackle, but I love the Supercharged combined with my very favorite Neutralizer Spackle. I find this works well. I did order and try the new serum, I'm not impressed at all. I use Philosophy Vitamin C Booster mixed with water as a "serum" now, and I follow with 100% organic, non-refined coconut oil mixed with a few drops of lime juice as my moisturizer. This is the best combination I have found for my 56 (next week) year-old skin. The coconut oil absorbs well and doesn't sting like the argon oil. I like the solid consistency of the coconut oil before it is applied also. I use the Neutralizer Spackle, Balance-n-Brighten, and Bronze-n-Brighten Color Correcting products every day. I have several other Laura products, which I use as needed. Over the years, I have tried many brands of makeup, and I am very happy with these. I hope Laura sticks with what she does best...makeup :-) Leave the "potions" to the other companies.

Trusted Contributor

Spackle takes too much time to dry. Some other primers are not as 'wet'. Sorry Laura. I do like your other items.