Super Contributor

Adrian Arpel made a brightening compact

In the early nineties I bought a compact from hsn that Adrian made. It had various shapes of pink and apricot, light tan. And you swirled it together and applied it on the face. So I don't think Laura was the first.
Honored Contributor

Re: Adrian Arpel made a brightening compact

Adrienne, Germaine Monteil and Marcella Borghese also had those "multi-colored powder beads" in a box......as did Physicians Formula. I have been using those items for at least 20 years.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I don't think they have coverage like Laura's.
Honored Contributor

I think what Laura meant was that she was the first to offer the baked concept in powders.

Frequent Contributor

Adrienne Arpel who is on HSN as SCA had baked items years ago. Long before Laura. I used to buy it.

Respected Contributor

I had the Adrienne Arpel "baked" brightening compact years ago. It wasn't beads in a box...those came later. It was just all those colors swirled together...kind of like a mosaic. It worked great when she used it on the models on tv, but didn't work that way for me.

I tried the Physicians' Formula version of it also...didn't highlight my skin, but I have very fair skin. The first product that actually highlighted my skin was Laura Geller's baked highlighter (kind of a vanilla color).

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Frequent Contributor

Just checked and Adrienne still has the baked compact on HSN. Great customer reviews. Its call colidial gold baked powder. I might give it a try after all these years. I used to like it

Valued Contributor

On 1/11/2014 Brinklii said:

I had the Adrienne Arpel "baked" brightening compact years ago. It wasn't beads in a box...those came later. It was just all those colors swirled together...kind of like a mosaic. It worked great when she used it on the models on tv, but didn't work that way for me.

I tried the Physicians' Formula version of it also...didn't highlight my skin, but I have very fair skin. The first product that actually highlighted my skin was Laura Geller's baked highlighter (kind of a vanilla color).

I use to use that too.It was called Kaleidescope...When she 1st came to HSN,I think in 1994 she was still selling her products in Macy's & Bloomingdales and she was selling the same products on HSN and Kaleidescope was one of them...It was EXACTLY THE SAME....Well, needless to say Macy's & Bloomindales were not HAPPY and very soon after,the products she was offering on HSN CHANGED...Then she was ASKED TO LEAVE MACY'S & BLOOMIES..and she became Adrienne,Not Adrienne Arpel...

Honored Contributor

Doesn't she also sell clothes on HSN? I thought I saw her selling coats on there.

Regular Contributor

On 5/26/2014 annabellethecat said:

Doesn't she also sell clothes on HSN? I thought I saw her selling coats on there.

She sells jewelry on HSN, but no clothes that I've ever seen.

There is an Adrienne Landau (sp?) line of clothes over there though.