Not applicable
I recently had the chance to visit New York for the first time and as an avid LG QVC viewer, I was super excited to visit her studio on Lexington. Unfortunately it was a complete and utter disappointment. The service was horrible, not welcoming like Laura always makes it sound! The staff seemed surprised to have a lowly tourist in there browsing and made it pretty obvious. I ended up purchasing a number of items that I had promised as souvenirs but really wished I would've just waited and gone to Ulta or Sephora. The atmosphere was uninviting at best and rude and uncomfortable at worst. Where was the welcome for the "Geller Girls" as touted on QVC? Unfortunately it left a bad impression for purchasing her products in the future.
Super Contributor

I had to call CS today (I started another thread on Beauty site concerning aproblem with the sale and website glitch), and I did not have a pleasant experience. I was really surprised by the two people I talked with. They were no help and didn't come across as friendly at all. I finally called corporate, I even commented that the first girl (makeup artist, I was told) seemed to come across as if I was bothering her...almost as if she couldn't believe I had called over a website problem. The second lady (the national customer service manager) was not helpful...even when I requested for an email or phone number to corporate...said they don't give out that information...that was private. She told me she was the national manager, and she was able to handle things....but she didn't.

Thankfully, the lady at corporate was nice...took my information and said she'd get back with me.

Frequent Contributor
On 12/25/2013 wowee said:

I do not think Laura Geller is a big deal to anyone not familar with the Q. Yes, they carry a very small assort of things in Sephora and Ulta, but most of the things in her line are Q exclusive (or only avail at the Q or her "salon") I really do not think she would have a salon in NYC if not for the sales from the Q. DON"T think I am knocking her, I have several of her products and my daughter loves her line, I just take it for what it is---- A made famous by QVC line of cosmetics.

Just for your information her products are also sold in Macys.

Frequent Contributor
On 1/7/2014 crush said:

I had to call CS today (I started another thread on Beauty site concerning aproblem with the sale and website glitch), and I did not have a pleasant experience. I was really surprised by the two people I talked with. They were no help and didn't come across as friendly at all. I finally called corporate, I even commented that the first girl (makeup artist, I was told) seemed to come across as if I was bothering her...almost as if she couldn't believe I had called over a website problem. The second lady (the national customer service manager) was not helpful...even when I requested for an email or phone number to corporate...said they don't give out that information...that was private. She told me she was the national manager, and she was able to handle things....but she didn't.

Post this up on Laura's facebook so she can be aware of her employees behavior, I don't believe its Laura's fault but the staff probably fake friendliness to her and treat customers badly.

Super Contributor

I'm very sorry to hear this as I was looking forward to getting there one day when in Manhattan. Laura is such a warm and friendly person, I just assumed her staff would reflect her qualities. But you can't change the personalities of people , even if the seem to be good "help."

I do hope Laura reads this thread. You have to know how your employees reflect you, your products, and your store to every customer, especially when you are not present.

Hopefully things will improve greatly.

Respected Contributor

I have always wanted to visit her store when I visit my son in NYC. After reading these posts, I don't think that I will bother. I really like Laura and find this very disappointing.

Super Contributor

Add me to the list of people who won't go there. I just got her train set and thought I'd pop into the store. No thanks. Will not put up with snotty and unfriendly sales people.

Super Contributor
On 1/8/2014 mgflores said:
On 12/25/2013 wowee said:

I do not think Laura Geller is a big deal to anyone not familar with the Q. Yes, they carry a very small assort of things in Sephora and Ulta, but most of the things in her line are Q exclusive (or only avail at the Q or her "salon") I really do not think she would have a salon in NYC if not for the sales from the Q. DON"T think I am knocking her, I have several of her products and my daughter loves her line, I just take it for what it is---- A made famous by QVC line of cosmetics.

Just for your information her products are also sold in Macys.

Laura Geller was an established makeup artist and had her store long before she was on QVC. How disappointing to hear all of these stories. I would put them on her Facebook page, if she has one - a lot more people, including her, would see it. We've all dealt with salesgirls like that, but I think Laura Geller would want to know about this.
Super Contributor

I would let Laura know on her FB page your experiences and how they treated you. She would not be happy I'm sure. Of course everyone would be friendly and nice when Laura's around but she's gone so much they probably figure they run the place the way they want to.

Super Contributor

I've only called once to her store. I was treated very nice and the sales girl took her time with me. I've never been to her store though.