Guaranteed Delivery
119 Members and 17518 Guests Online

Laura Geller

DECEMBER TSV

Started 1352736693.83 in Laura Geller | Last reply 1356634635.137 by Hi Cindy

Has anyone seen the TSV for Dec 28? It is not listed in the insider and was wondering what it is?

Page 2 of 2
barb401355400243.1533744 PostsRegistered 11/7/2004

I can't wait to hear reviews! Hope you love it when it arrives! Thanks!Smile

ElsieKitten1355430124.217572 PostsRegistered 4/17/2006

It's arrived! Firstly the packaging is really cute. It's a tall box that looks like it should have a wine bottle inside. That alone would make it a great gift.

Anyway, inside is what matters. I've swatched the colors several times and tried on the shadows so far. Everything is matte and the spackle too (no shimmer). The blush is gorgeous. It's plum/rose shade to my eye and has a great color payoff. The eye shadows are good too. One is very pale - a sort of dusty beige/pink. This might show up better when you apply it damp, but dry it's very light (on my skin). The dark of the two eye shadows is (as Laura describes it) an "earthy currant" shade. Hmm... I guess that's a good description! It would make a great liner too.

Lipstick is a lovely deep rose shade. For some reason the swatch on my arm won't budge, so maybe it's long lasting color or something. Laura says it's got "Hyaluronic filling spheres" whatever that is.

So far so good. I'm not that enamoured as yet with the foundation. I chose "light" as I'm fair in the B&B. It's quite a dark shade even for light. I would have called this more medium. I know the fair (in this foundation) would have been too light for me, so this is the closest color match. I just don't think a liquid foundation is going to be as forgiving as the B&B and this might be a problem for some. I'll need to keep working on that. Coverage though looks awesome. It's very easy to spread - more of gel consistency than a cream.

So a great kit for color but I'm not sold on the foundation yet. I'm looking forward to seeing Laura's demonstration though. I always pick up great tips from her. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Lori641355439686.581234 PostsRegistered 7/4/2007

Lesley,

Thanks for the review. I ordered mine today.

bambi z1355485670.17955 PostsRegistered 4/13/2011

Mine shipped out today so hopefully I should have it in my hot little hands pretty soon to play with {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

2swans1355492272.613204 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Thanks so much, Lesley, for the helpful review! Smile

One question though; does the spackle have any tint or color?

Thanks again!!

ElsieKitten1355516909.88572 PostsRegistered 4/17/2006

No color in the Spackle. It looks pale pink in the tube, but there's no color or fragrance when applied. HTH.

On 12/14/2012 2swans said:

2swans1355583449.037204 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/14/2012 Lesley said:

No color in the Spackle. It looks pale pink in the tube, but there's no color or fragrance when applied. HTH.

On 12/14/2012 2swans said:

Thank you, Lesley - you've been a big help. I guess now I have to decide if I really want to try the foundation; first, I'm not sure if either the light or the fair shade choice would work for me; the fair shade in the BnB is what I use in the summer when I'm tan, and I use porcelain in the dead of winter, but most of the year I have to use a light layer of each shade to get my perfect BnB shade; so like you said, I can't really see how this gel type foundation would be very easy to work with shade-wise. I wish Laura had a shade between porcelain and fair in all of her foundations, the BnB included!

Also, sticking point number 2 for me is that I haven't worn traditional type foundation in about 12 years - I've been using only minerals and BnB type powders, so I'm really on the fence about even giving this this liquid-gel a try; I'm afraid it will feel like goo on my face that I can't wait to wash off.

Oh well, sadly, there are far worse concerns going on in the world today than my silly ramblings about a foundation choice, but I just wanted to say thanks again to you for answering my question about the spackle.

ElsieKitten1355586814.987572 PostsRegistered 4/17/2006
on 12/15/2012 2swans said:

Oh well, sadly, there are far worse concerns going on in the world today than my silly ramblings about a foundation choice, but I just wanted to say thanks again to you for answering my question about the spackle.

I feel the same way, but maybe carrying on and talking about things like beauty makes the world seem normal again - even when things are so crazy. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Anyway, about the foundation. I'm not happy with the light at all so I wouldn't recommend that for you. It's too dark for me and I'm (in any other foundation) "light- medium". From what you've said you're more "fair'/light" so I can't see the light working for you. Maybe the palest shade she offers (I think that's called "fair" in this foundation would work although if you take a look at the video online for the foundation (sold as a single item) and you catch the beginning they show the swatches of this foundation on the models hand. Well the fair looks almost white! Maybe it's the lighting and sadly they don't revisit that swatch again in the video. If I were you I'd maybe hold off till the presentation and see it in real time.

The blush and shadows are pretty, but you know this total matte makeup isn't a great look on me. I don't care for shimmy glittery anything, but I think a slight sheen is quite flattering on an older face (and mine is an older face! {#emotions_dlg.scared}). Maybe not everything, but why not have a slight sheen in one of the shadows or just the blush? Laura seems to go from one extreme to the other. I've got tons of her shadows that are like glitter balls and then the last coffee TSV and this one are so matte they're bordering on drab. I know I can play around with an added highlighter, but it seems odd she goes for this total matte look. Could be other ladies love it and I'm the exception.

Anyway, hope you like the kit if you decide to get it. I think if you're in the right color for her foundations you'll be happy as it has awsome coverage and feels light on.

barb401355587582.3233744 PostsRegistered 11/7/2004

Thanks for your detailed reviews!!

Cosmetics_­Crazy1355593886.1471094 PostsRegistered 5/21/2011

I think Laura is responding to the demand of her Geller Girls. I see many posts here from women requesting more matte shades, and how sparkle is not flattering. I am 45, and still wear sparkle, and look GOOD in sparkle. When I dont, I have people asking me if I feel ok or if I am coming down with something. But I can always add a little shimmer. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I am glad there is not a BnB, because that is a big determining factor if I order or not. I liked BnB but in the past several years the porcelain was too light but the fair was too dark.

Thank you for the great review. Will have to look at the video and see the swatches to see what shade 'might' work (like I need a foundation, or even more makeup lol.)

ElsieKitten1355597140.41572 PostsRegistered 4/17/2006

Here's the link to the foundation video:

http://www.qvc.com/Laura-Geller-Take-Cover-Anti-Aging-Foundation-w-SPF20-Beauty.product.A223062.html?sc=A223062-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-14-_-A223062&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/62/a223062.001?$uslarge$

ElsieKitten1355597218.863572 PostsRegistered 4/17/2006

sorry won't let me highlight the link for some reason.

MarthaStew­ardess1355620912.537456 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006
On 12/15/2012 Cosmetics_Crazy said:

I am glad there is not a BnB, because that is a big determining factor if I order or not. I liked BnB but in the past several years the porcelain was too light but the fair was too dark.

I'm the opposite, lol. Had there been a B & B in the kit instead of the other foundation, I probably would have ordered it.

Last edited on 12/15/2012

Last edited on 12/15/2012

2swans1355745276.087204 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/15/2012 Lesley said:
on 12/15/2012 2swans said:

I feel the same way, but maybe carrying on and talking about things like beauty makes the world seem normal again - even when things are so crazy. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Anyway, about the foundation. I'm not happy with the light at all so I wouldn't recommend that for you. It's too dark for me and I'm (in any other foundation) "light- medium". From what you've said you're more "fair'/light" so I can't see the light working for you. Maybe the palest shade she offers (I think that's called "fair" in this foundation would work although if you take a look at the video online for the foundation (sold as a single item) and you catch the beginning they show the swatches of this foundation on the models hand. Well the fair looks almost white! Maybe it's the lighting and sadly they don't revisit that swatch again in the video. If I were you I'd maybe hold off till the presentation and see it in real time.

The blush and shadows are pretty, but you know this total matte makeup isn't a great look on me. I don't care for shimmy glittery anything, but I think a slight sheen is quite flattering on an older face (and mine is an older face! {#emotions_dlg.scared}). Maybe not everything, but why not have a slight sheen in one of the shadows or just the blush? Laura seems to go from one extreme to the other. I've got tons of her shadows that are like glitter balls and then the last coffee TSV and this one are so matte they're bordering on drab. I know I can play around with an added highlighter, but it seems odd she goes for this total matte look. Could be other ladies love it and I'm the exception.

Anyway, hope you like the kit if you decide to get it. I think if you're in the right color for her foundations you'll be happy as it has awsome coverage and feels light on.

Hi again, Lesley!

I took your excellent advice, checked out the foundation video, and wound up with an order number for this kit, and even opted for it on AD! LOL! Laura got me when she went into her spill about "cumulative anti-aging benefits" because I have an older face too (51 y/o).

Many thanks again for your input on shade choice - the light would be much too dark for me at this time of year. I went w/the fair choice because I am pretty much snow white in winter, and winter is the only time of year I would consider wearing a liquid-gel type foundation anyway.

I actually feel the same way you do about wearing blah n' bland totally matte shadows and blushes - it's definitely not my favorite look either, except in the summer when the high heat and humidity give me more than enough glow - that's when I reach for my straight matte shades. I wore Laura's "Birthday Cake" e/s trio yesterday (I think it was the 1st kit in the Bake Sale maybe?) and that one is hands down my favorite LG e/s formula and finish - for me, it gives the perfect soft focus sheen, no glitter or frost, just a pearl like lusterous glow. I also used the soft pinkish-white "Angel" e/s that came in the Sugar Rush duo kit as a browbone and innner corner hi-lite; I reach for it often because it's got that soft pearl glow finish as well.

And now I'm positively sitting on my hands to keep from ordering her new Inkwell liners in the new burgundy/ivy combo - methinks it would be the perfect punch of drama for this Off the Vine TSV......lets see how long I last! LOL!

ElsieKitten1355757149.737572 PostsRegistered 4/17/2006

Hi 2swans! Glad you ordered the kit. Sometimes we just have take the plunge and see how it goes!

I'm with you on the birthday cake shadows from the bake sale. Those are my favorites too. I think she's nailed it there with the perfect mix of sheen and matte. These last two TSV's haven't been my favorite, but then I guess it's easy to add shimmer/sheen to your eyes with a separate highlighter if you want that look.

I'm still undecided on this kit because the foundation doesn't work and that's a pretty big component in the set. I wore it yesterday and it's definitely too dark. Maybe I'll try mixing it with some other foundations I have and see what happens. I have an Estee Lauder one here (similar consistency) that's too light. Hey.. I may end up making the perfect blend!!

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

ElsieKitten1355757275.023572 PostsRegistered 4/17/2006

And now I'm positively sitting on my hands to keep from ordering her new Inkwell liners in the new burgundy/ivy combo - methinks it would be the perfect punch of drama for this Off the Vine TSV......lets see how long I last! LOL!

Oh I agree they would be wonderful! However, the darker color in the TSV eyeshadows makes a great liner when you wet it. I tried the other day it's beautiful. But those inkwells are calling my name too.... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

2swans1355835915.61204 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Good luck, Lesley, on the Lauder mix - hopefully that will blend it down; believe me, I know, returns are such a pain! Because of the price point, I think the foundation in this TSV really will be the "make or break" piece for most of us. I'm picking up some sponge wedges this week in anticipation of using it when it gets here - to say that I'm a little rusty in applying liquid foundation is a vast understatement - it's been 12 years, yikes! And since I've been strickly using light weight powder foundations for so long, for my first attempt I'm going to put one pump on the back of my hand, finger tap-dot it around my face, and then smooth it out w/a damp sponge wedge. But if in the end I don't LOVE this foundation, I'll have no choice but to slap on that sticky label and eat the return postage....ugh. It shipped out yeterday, so I'm tapping my toe, standing out at the end of my driveway, and stalking my mail carrier.....

Thanks for the heads up on the darker e/s color - I'll be sure to try it first as a liner before I load up my brush and glob it on my eye, lest I end up looking like I've been sucker punched, lol.

Hope your blending works beautifully!

Stacismom1356267835.481111 PostsRegistered 6/28/2006Ohio

These last two TSV's haven't been my favorite, but then I guess it's easy to add shimmer/sheen to your eyes with a separate highlighter if you want that look.

That is exactly how I feel! I love when she offers matte things because I can add shimmer to areas I want it, but it is about impossible to tone it down! I have enough highlighting products to last a lifetime!

PrincessB1356378409.343147 PostsRegistered 1/4/2011

I'm torn if I will order. I am almost out of her Phenomenal foundation and would love to try her new one. Her lipstick looks beautiful. Not many TSV's have pretty dark winter lip colors so I was excited to see this has a pretty winter color. But matte colors don't look good on me, especially on my eyes. Also, I found a drugstore liquid foundation that I'm loving (L'Oreal True Match Lumi) and really don't need another liquid foundation. But when has not needing any more make-up ever stopped me from ordering more. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I'm going to wait for the presentation and see how it looks on the models. I may cave in and try it. The lipstick, spackle and foundation would make it worth the price.

cupcaked1356555974.617489 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004NY

Does anybody have a link or order number for this one?

TIA!

"Charm is getting the answer *yes* without ever having asked the question." - Albert Camus

Hi Cindy1356569887.347658 PostsRegistered 6/6/2010

hmmmmmmm...shall we just say:

An <em>A</em>pple a day is good for 229,541 of the population or 2 <em>A</em>pples a day is even better for 232,746 of us !

Last edited on 12/26/2012

Hi Cindy1356570554.17658 PostsRegistered 6/6/2010
On 12/26/2012 Hi Cindy said:

An <em>A</em>pple a day is good for 229,541 of the population or 2 <em>A</em>pples a day is even better for 232,746 of us !

Looks like the discounted price of apples kicks in later. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Last edited on 12/26/2012

Hi Cindy1356576536.733658 PostsRegistered 6/6/2010

Looks like the discounted price of apples kicks in later. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

I am so sorry: qvc edit feature is not working. Unless you want to look at the pretty pictures and check the shades, the PRICE IS NOT ACCURATE UNTIL THE DAY OFFERED APPARENTLY. I give up...

Hi Cindy1356634635.12658 PostsRegistered 6/6/2010

For the fair skinned friends on the fence over the TSV ( FYI- I am one shade down from a white wall), there is a good review on the blog "There's always time for lipstick" dated Dec. 19'th. I am not even going to attempt to post a link after yesterday's edit debacle.

Here's what she had to say:

The Take Cover Anti-Aging Foundation contains broad spectrum SPF20, as well as vitamins A,C & E and amino acids, peptides, ceramide-2 and cupuacu butter, so it's supposed to help boost collagen production, restore moisture and improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles.

<br /> It has a thicker consistency but blends easily into the skin and doesn't feel heavy at all. The coverage is medium but buildable and while it doesn't have a dewy finish, it gives the skin a very natural look.<br /> <br /> I ordered it in Fair, of course, but a word of warning to fellow pale-skinned folks - this is a pretty dark fair shade. I got it to work by blending really well and topping it with the Laura Geller Balanced and Brighten in Porcelain, but it's not an ideal match.

As to the blush: The Baked ImPRESSions Blush in Bouquet also contains antioxidants like vitamin and grapeseed oil, but it's really the color that makes it a standout - a beautiful matte berry shade that's perfect for fall and winter. Like the eyeshadow duo, it's embossed with fun grape vine details too.<br /> <br /> Another word of warning to fair-skinned folks - it's pretty pigmented so use a light hand when applying it. I had to blend my initial application out with my powder brush because I'd gone way too heavy with it.

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2