Trusted Contributor

David's recipe today is such a cute idea!

Honored Contributor

picture? I didn't see show.

Respected Contributor

They have kits to make these at Cost Plus (World Market)

The picture is on his Facebook page..

Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 Mothertrucker said:

They have kits to make these at Cost Plus (World Market)

The picture is on his Facebook page..

I don't do FB. I defriended myself a couple years ago.

I am in NoCal, it is hot here too! I am scared for Summer. Yikes it has been in high 80's here this week. My GD in Burbank said they had a 95 degree day a week ago?

Honored Contributor

Is this it? Found this online

Respected Contributor

yes, shoe kitty...that is it, and I am in the San Gabriel Valley where the last few days have been in the '90'S !!!

Trusted Contributor

Aren't they cute?! I may have to try those. They're just adorable. Thanks for the idea!

Esteemed Contributor

Bunny Bum Cupcakes

Bunny Bum Cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 (15.25-oz) box white cake mix, baked into 12 cupcakes according to package directions

1/2 (16-oz) jar chocolate frosting

1/3 cup chocolate cookie crumbs

1 (16-oz) bag white candy melts

Red gel food coloring

12 plain donut holes

12 mini marshmallows

1-1/3 cups sweetened fine shredded coconut

Preparation:

When the cupcakes are completely cool, spread a flat, even layer of chocolate frosting on top. Dip each cupcake into the chocolate cookie crumbs and completely cover the icing. Set aside. Line 2 baking cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

Place 1/3 of the white candy melts into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave, in 30- second intervals, until completely melted. Pour the mixture into a piping bag, fitted with a small plain tip (tip size #2), and pipe the candy onto a prepared cookie sheet, creating small bunny feet (1"L x 1/2"W). You'll need 24 feet total, 2 per cupcake. Let the feet cool completely.

Place about 3–4 tablespoons of the melted candy back into the microwave-safe bowl and reheat until completely melted. Add the red food coloring, a little bit at a time, until it forms a pale pink color. Place the colored mixture into a different piping bag, fitted with a small plain tip (tip size #2), and pipe toes and pads on each bunny foot. Let them cool completely.

Meanwhile, cut a small sliver off each donut hole, so they rest flat on top of each cupcake. Place the shredded coconut into a small bowl. Set aside.

Microwave the remainder of the candy melts, in 30-second intervals, until completely melted. Dip each donut hole and mini marshmallow into the melted candy and then into the shredded coconut. Use your fingers to adhere the coconut and set them on the other prepared cookie sheet to cool completely.

To assemble the cupcakes, re-melt the leftover candy (if necessary), and dip just a little of a coated mini marshmallow in it. Place it on the rounded part of the coated donut hole, lightly pressing it. Then, dip just a little of the flat part of the donut hole in the candy and place it on top the cupcake, lightly pressing it. Repeat.

Use the remainder of the melted candy to attach the feet to the body of the bunny. Let the cupcakes set for a few minutes before serving.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

We made these last year. Check out Pinterest. They are all over there! That will give you some ideas on how to make the bunny. They are not all the same. I believe the ones we made used 2 mini marshmallows that you flattened for feet. Then we used writing gel for the pads/prints.

Super Contributor

I didn't see David's recipe, but I have seen one for a Bunny Butt cake and I agree, it's absolutely adorable. I came across it on the Betty Crocker website. I'll post the link, but for those that don't like to click on them, just go to BettyCrocker.com and search for "Bunny Butt cake". There is also a tutorial on how to assemble the bunny's bottom.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/bunny-butt-cake/09cd82c8-ada0-4de7-bd85-2cd60ef67b7f