Respected Contributor

OMG! Those look good!

(If you missed the show, then watch the video. Mouth-watering!)

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

As a Marylander, I can say they dont look good to me for several reasons.. We broil ours, never fry, 3 oz is very tiny for a decent crab cake, we get 8 oz ones here in our restaurants. And $9 a piece for those small bites is ridiculous. We also buy a pound of crab meat fresh here and make our own, secret ingredients is Old Bay seasoning. I think callers who rave about them really dont have a clue what a true MD crab cake really looks and tastes like. You can order them by mail from many of our local seafood restaurants , and get authentic ones.

New Contributor

Hi!

No doubt, they look AMAZING as presented... But, as a born and raised Long Island fresh-from-the-ocean-seafood girl, I feel that I am uniquely entitled to review this item. Uhhh... No. As good as these looked, even I was fooled. While they look luscious and creamy, they are actually dry and fishy when received and prepared per the enclosed cooking instructions. My family and friends barely touched them. Just my opinion, but these are absolutely not worth ordering.

Honored Contributor
On 3/1/2015 Shelbelle said:

As a Marylander, I can say they dont look good to me for several reasons.. We broil ours, never fry, 3 oz is very tiny for a decent crab cake, we get 8 oz ones here in our restaurants. And $9 a piece for those small bites is ridiculous. We also buy a pound of crab meat fresh here and make our own, secret ingredients is Old Bay seasoning. I think callers who rave about them really dont have a clue what a true MD crab cake really looks and tastes like. You can order them by mail from many of our local seafood restaurants , and get authentic ones.

i agree with everything you said shel......except for one thing. i love mine fried or pan sauteed versus broiled. of course, this marylander NEVER turns down a great crabcake.....and they are so very easy to make when you have the right ingredients!

i am curious to know if any delmarva area posters have ever tried these?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't notice David eating any of them like he does everything else....he picked them up...split them so we could see the inside...said they weren't fishy smelling...but I never seen any of it hit his mouth...usually he is eating and talking...eating and talking...did anyone else see him intake these crab cakes...

I don't eat seafood....except an occasional shrimp....so I can't speak of the taste of these...

Respected Contributor
I once heard David say he didn't like seafood. That would explain a lot as he never samples anything seafood from the cook books he presents.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Valued Contributor
Another Marylander, give me Maryland crabmeat, can deal with Carolina meat, but do not want Asian crabmeat. Many restaurants use Asian crabmeat. Does not taste the same to me. Been eating crab cakes all my life!
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/1/2015 hsawaknow said: I once heard David say he didn't like seafood. That would explain a lot as he never samples anything seafood from the cook books he presents.

Thank you for your reply....

Honored Contributor
On 3/1/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 3/1/2015 Shelbelle said:

i agree with everything you said shel......except for one thing. i love mine fried or pan sauteed versus broiled. of course, this marylander NEVER turns down a great crabcake.....and they are so very easy to make when you have the right ingredients!

i am curious to know if any delmarva area posters have ever tried these?

Sun, I have no objection to frying them other than the fact that it makes them more fattening, and in restaurants my DH is always afraid of how old the oil may be. BTW, Pappas opened up a new location in Cockeysville, heard it is very good, now they know how to make a quality crab cake.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't tried the ones on QVC. We have a bobby chez restaurant not far from me so I've bought them from there. I tried other brands from QVC and was disappointed so I don't buy any more - no matter how nice they look in the presentation.