Honored Contributor

Thank you, Rachel, Melissa, Sandra and all the other t.v. cooks who don't...

.. turn their cooking shows into sitcoms.

I don't need to see the grandkids fishing, the husband's birthday surprise, or neighbors showing up to cook with you. I already know you have 10 million dollar beach house, a million dollar barn and a yacht. I know your house is 200 years old and you only shop for your food in the most expensive places.

Just cook.

I know how grouchy and petty this sounds, but I'm really tiring of the drama on these shows.

Just venting.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you, Rachel, Melissa, Sandra and all the other t.v. cooks who don't...

I agree with you! That's why I LOVE Martha Stewart's PBS series on cooking and especially the baking one! I don't mind Ina so much because her extraneous clips are usually quick and relate to the party/food she is cooking better and show you something that might give you some good ideas.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thank you, Rachel, Melissa, Sandra and all the other t.v. cooks who don't...

I've turned off Pioneer Woman for that reason.
Honored Contributor

I'm not familiar with that series, Sooner. Maybe I can find it with Roku?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 3/1/2015 Sooner said:

I agree with you! That's why I LOVE Martha Stewart's PBS series on cooking and especially the baking one! I don't mind Ina so much because her extraneous clips are usually quick and relate to the party/food she is cooking better and show you something that might give you some good ideas.

Coincidentally, my MIL and FIL and also my brother and his wife, all live in Ina's neighborhood. DH and I have spent many, many weekends there and weeks at a time in the summer. It's a very pretentious place. I feel like her side-trips are for the purpose of advertising the local, overpriced shops in that area.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

On 3/1/2015 Sooner said:

I agree Sooner. A few years ago, I had gotten really tired of Martha because I felt she was getting a bit too pretentious.

I've been watching the cooking school and baking shows lately and she has really changed! I've gotten a lot of good ideas for food to cook and bake that look fairly easy to do, even for me.

I also like Tricia Yearwood's program and, to a lesser extent, The Pioneer Woman.

Honored Contributor

It's more than a cooking show. It's a lifestyle.

I enjoy Ina and the Pioneer Woman. I've always loved Martha Stewart - pretentious and all. LOL

Honored Contributor

They are all pretentious in their own way, I don't let it bother me, if I am interested in what they are cooking/baking.

Can hardly wait to see what Giada's show turns into now that she and her husband have split. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

On 3/1/2015 snickster said:

Can hardly wait to see what Giada's show turns into now that she and her husband have split. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Fish sticks, chicken nuggets, and a Hoda/Kathie Lee sized glass of wine?{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Trusted Contributor

On 3/1/2015 house_cat said:

I'm not familiar with that series, Sooner. Maybe I can find it with Roku?

Try create TV dot com or your local PBS. Sooner is correct, MS shows are the best. The food tv shows dont bother me, but i am sick of looking at cleavage on one particular show...