Valued Contributor

I would like to help a couple of my friends hosting a bridal shower. I thought I would make Pimento Cheese finger sandwiches. Does anyone have a great recipe that would spread fairly easy on a sturdy bread? Thanks in advance! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

I've never made pimento cheese, just bought it ready made at the grocery/deli, but can I suggest pumpernickel for the bread? YummySmile

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Pineapple Nut Tea Sandwiches

Ingredients:
2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup sugar
1 cup chopped nuts
One 8-ounce package cream cheesemilk or mayonnaise

In saucepan combine pineapple and sugar. Bring to boil. Cook until thick, stirring constantly. Cool. Stir in nuts. Soften and mash cheese with enough milk or mayonnaise to make a good spreading consistency. Combine with pineapple mixture.
Spread on thin bread, top as sandwich.

Makes: About 4 cups

Honored Contributor

I don't have a recipe in particular, but it's grated cheese, GOOD mayo, and some very well drained pimentos. You can add very finely chopped onion, olives chopped, pickles, pecans, pickle relish, a shot of tabasco, or whatever turns you on! Some mix in a little cream cheese to make it creamier!

You can roll it in a big or little ball and roll that in chopped pecans or almonds as well. You can mix cheeses to your liking. I love to use a sharp white cheddar for a different look!

Respected Contributor

Grate a block of cheese, your choice. I like extra sharp Vermont cheddar.

Add a small jar of diced pimento cheese.

Stir in just enough mayo to bring the cheese and pimento together.

Add salt and black pepper to taste. (I also add jalapeno to add a kick.)

Then chill.

When you want to assemble the sandwiches, bring the pimento cheese to room temp. This will bring the flavors up in the cheese since cheese is best served at room temp and it will spread easily. Use different breads, but white is classic.

Homemade pimento cheese is far better than the store bought kind. I like mine simple but some people add cream cheese or cool whip....

Respected Contributor

Another simple and Southern recipe is pineapple sandwiches.

A block of cream cheese and very well drained, crushed pineapple.

Bring the block of cream cheese to room temp and whip till soft. Then fold in the crushed pineapple. Bring to room temp to bring it to a spreadable consistency. Use bread of choice. Homemade is far better than the spread in the store since you can use as much pineapple you like.

You can also add pecans to either recipe for a twist especially to the pineapple sandwiches. You don't need added sugar. The pineapple is sweet enough! Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/1/2015 lolakimono said:

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines