Esteemed Contributor

KitchenAid KCM1402QG 14-Cup

Hi - we just purchased this from Amazon.com - we've always had Bunn, but our Bunn is leaking now, and new ones are over $100.00 so we thought we'd try something different, and this was $72.00. Anyone have this? It'll be different as we can program it to make coffee in the morning for us. Didn't have that with Bunn. But I might miss the reservoir the Bunn has. We'll see.

Super Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid Coffee Maker

I do not know of any drip machine that makes a good as cup of coffee as a Bunn. let us know what you think of it.

Esteemed Contributor

I will. It's ordered on line. But I do think I'll miss the Bunn - have had 3 Bunns already, like the back part with hot water. We can always send this back if we don't like it, and get another Bunn. The price of the Bunn is about 20.00 higher.

Super Contributor

On 2/27/2015 gloriajean said:

I will. It's ordered on line. But I do think I'll miss the Bunn - have had 3 Bunns already, like the back part with hot water. We can always send this back if we don't like it, and get another Bunn. The price of the Bunn is about 20.00 higher.

Well for only $20. there is ZERO chance that I would get anything other than the Bunn if you "like the back part with hot water" and its ability to not only make a pot of coffee in 3 minutes, but also its flow head and very consistent 200F brew temperature.

Also where can you get the Bunn for $99 ?

Esteemed Contributor

We got a Bunn Maker at Walgreens, it was $110.00 plus tax, just the other day but it was missing the manual so it's going back. Then my husband found this Kitchen Aid one for 72 on Amazon.com. So he ordered it. We shall see. We can always send it back if we don't want it.

I do like the fact though that you can program it to make coffee in the mornings!

Super Contributor

On 2/28/2015 gloriajean said:

We got a Bunn Maker at Walgreens, it was $110.00 plus tax, just the other day but it was missing the manual so it's going back. Then my husband found this Kitchen Aid one for 72 on Amazon.com. So he ordered it. We shall see. We can always send it back if we don't want it.

I do like the fact though that you can program it to make coffee in the mornings!

That sounds good..as long as you are satisfied that really is all that counts {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

We got it yesterday, programmed it for 6:30 this morning for 14 cups. It went well, and we can also select med, strong or bold etc, we selected bold, and it was wonderful!! We could taste the difference!! So it's a keeper! I'd recommend it. It took only about 10 minutes to fill the 14 cups. My Bunn is real old. Does that Kitchen Aid ever look nice in my kitchen!!