Respected Contributor
I saw this on the net. Mix 2 cups of cake mix and 1 cup of milk. Make pancakes! ? I haven't tried these yet.
Honored Contributor

I bet carrot cake would be great with maple syrup!

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/25/2015 terrier3 said:

I bet carrot cake would be great with maple syrup!

OMG yes!!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor
When someone tries this, give a review...sounds way too sweet to me....and then syrup?ewww
Valued Contributor

I bet even I could cook this ...

Honored Contributor

Hey, we can make any flavor. Chocolate, strawberry, and whatever else is available! Thanks for this tip! And, actually, often times cake mixes are only $1 or so. We can buy several flavors and keep them especially for making pancakes! A lot less expensive than pancake mixes.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

while the flavors sound intriguing, i feel that overall they would be too sweet, call me madcap, but I really like my pancakes with only butter, no syrup even...

Oatmeal is eaten by me with butter and salt, just like grits and cream of wheat...

Am I the only one?!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, we will have to try this!! How many cups of cake mix are in a box???

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/25/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

Hey, we can make any flavor. Chocolate, strawberry, and whatever else is available! Thanks for this tip! And, actually, often times cake mixes are only $1 or so. We can buy several flavors and keep them especially for making pancakes! A lot less expensive than pancake mixes.

I agree any flavor. It doesn't have to be really sweet. You can always serve them with fruit instead of syrup. I can remember eating chocolate cake, warm right out of the oven, with butter when I was a kid. We loved it when my mother would do this.

That carrot cake pancake would be good with a little spreadable cream cheese.

This recipe would be easy to half and and just make a couple.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Wouldn't really be pancakes then.